Forgot all about 'Sandy Nelson'' until i saw 'Willow's'' offering above...........

Then remembered this one.from 1959............Wonder if 'Locarno' named their tuesday nights after this........

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great post, that is a real early one with Jet Harris on bass and Tony Meehan on drums. Who can forget this one   

'Let there be drums' may well be the first record I ever bought, probably from the big coop record dept.down  in the basement. When shopping there you chose a record, asked an assistant to play it, then went to a booth and listened on headphones..

That was the start of my massive collection which I've kept all thsre years. Eleven singles and about nine long players... eat your heart out DJ...  :yahoo:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brew said:

'Let there be drums' may well be the first record I ever bought, probably from the big coop record dept.down  in the basement. When shopping there you chose a record, asked an assistant to play it, then went to a booth and listened on headphones..

That was the start of my massive collection which I've kept all thsre years. Eleven singles and about nine long players... eat your heart out DJ... 

:yahoo:

My recollection of the listening booths in the Co-op basement was the music being played through a speaker in the booth not using headphones. The ones in Boots on Pelham St used to work the same way I think. 
I think my first 45 was The Beatles “I Want to Hold Your Hand” from a record store on Radford Rd near St Paul’s Avenue, Hyson Green. A relative bought me a record voucher for Christmas 1963 which I used in Jan 1964. I've still got it along with many other great Beatles vinyl from the 60s.