Here's a list of freebies our local Councillors accepted / offered while in office recently !

I see James Mellors name in there, no surprise really.

Mellors supplying tickets for the Forest - Blackpool match stinks of corruption.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/dom-perignon-ed-sheeran-tickets-1508995

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hk-NSgjyUiMSHW9Hkt1XErVzY4xOIZFo8TgIuE56Qfc/edit#gid=0

• Like 1

Interesting reading but still a bit ‘sad’ that they have to itemise everything.  Such as Malcolm Wood, councillor for Bilborough, stating he accepted a cup of tea, one small orange and 8 grapes smile2

Our sons, who own a business, have paid for a Hospitality Box at Saracens Rugby.  Every home game they invite friends and customers into the box.  There is one particular large concern they do work for that doesn’t allow any of its employees to accept such invitations which is a shame as our lads look upon these chaps as friends.  

• Upvote 1

Going back into the late 70s early 80s bribery was rife in the building trade despite the Poulson affair in 72.

I was a site manager for Servotomic contracts division working mainly on large projects for central government married quarters at RAF Newton as an example and local government 800 systems for Sheffield housing.

It was expected that when I visited site I would take their representatives for lunch in fact I had one councillor for Rotherham who never missed a week during a 30 week contract.

Then there was the sob story "Our bloody tele broke over the weekend", quick phone call to head office for the OK, company credit card and a nice new 26" colour tele would appear.

Like Lizzie's lads we used to hire the tea room for a week at the Scarborough cricket festival inviting different guests every day, to me that was acceptable just a thank you but the rest of it was nothing short of bribery on a commercial scale.

• Like 1

You meant "Banned" I assume ?

Yes they are but this was not a political post but issues that concern local council tax payers, like me.

Besides if you did your homework you would find another long running thread about "Pigs in the Trough" on this site, my post as I have already mentioned concern local Councillors, not main stream politicians.

Also corruption does not have to be political only.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

I would deem it as political as you have named an "offending"? councilor & as 52 out of 55 city councilors are from one particular party could that not be seen as biased.

• Like 1