Hi, New to the forum and interested in anything Nottingham, Kirkby, Newstead and Pinxton. We live in Norwich now but home is where the heart is namely  all the above areas!!

Does anybody have any history of Kirkby Bentink Station and the line through to Annesley? I went to Mowlands Junior School was it originally a prisoner of war camp? 

Really looking forward to taking part and hope to hear you all soon.

Phil.

• Like 1

Welcome Phil..........plenty on here about local railway lines.......love Norwich and spent many years there with my work.........rented a flat for a time on Hall road,,but mostly stayed at the Cumberland Hotel......many good nights at 'Samson and Hercules' is it still going?

Thanks Phil...........Samsons was great on a Wednesday night,,......Grab a Granny''...........Maids Head Hotel still there?.....was there one time when they were filming ''Tales of the unexpected''.......also had many friends in Norwich........great days and nights..........

Edit......Samsons had live Bands on every night......and i mean Bands not groups,,like being in Nottm Palais or Locarno in the 60s,,

Welcome Phil E

looking forward to reading your post's

On 5/3/2018 at 6:38 PM, benjamin1945 said:

...Maids Head Hotel still there?.....was there one time when they were filming ''Tales of the unexpected''......

One of my favourite films, The Go Between, was filmed in Norwich, including the aforementioned hotel. Julie Christie, whom I expect Ben has wowed at some time...and the very personable Alan Bates.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 12 May 2018 at 8:02 PM, Phil E said:

Also caught the train to Sheffield to work just before it closed down

No ........ Sheffield closed down?  I will be bulk buying knifes & forks ...... Pronto.

Welcome to Nottstalgia Phil E I'm sure in the blink of an eye you will have soon racked up thousands of posts? 

• Like 2