IAN123.

The Lost City.

A series of photographs pertaining to past and present Nottm businesses.022_1.jpg021.jpg029.jpgandy-stewart.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IAN123. said:

A few motoring images.0143.jpg0173.jpg020.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IAN123. said:

More from our lost city..memories for anyone?

0025.jpg032.jpg0088.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks IAN123

for the old adverts brings back memories when we first married, not having  two half pennies to rub together  we had a loan from  my dad and brought a "Wolseley 14/40 " for £10 00 it had column change and real leather seats. went all the way down to Surrey to visit friends. This was on the M1 the first day it opened or there abouts   it was raining  and we kept steaming up, no fan in them days, but garages use to give shampoo sachets  when you brought petrol, so master used to stick his arm out of the window and squeeze shampoo to clear the mist. Also to keep off the spray from other car's. Things we do for love,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oscroft.s on Castle Blvd. Long since gone.

4 hours ago, IAN123. said:

More from our lost city..memories for anyone?

Just goes to show that you never stop learning, the Valiant built here in Adelaide and I never knew it was exported to the UK. The company that I worked for in Sydney manufactured steering and suspension parts, axles, and engine parts.

The cars were assembled in the suburb of Tonsley and the Engines made and assembled at their foundry in Lonsdale.

The Valiant was very popular with members of the Italian immigrant population and became known as the "wogmobile", famous for fluffy dice, footballs or football boots hanging fro the rear view mirror and occasionally the nodding dog on the rear parcel shelf. Both things you don't see  anymore.

Image result for valiant fluffy dice
Image result for valiant nodding dog
Image result for valiant fluffy dice
  • Like 2

Some adverts for our lady me092.jpgmbers( gremlins are copying past posts!0114.jpg)

17 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

0057.jpg

John Griffin was my cousin.

• Like 1

sorry for the lack of smooth posting..images seemed to overlap.

• Like 1