• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just found your site and I’m posting on behalf of my mother who lived at 1 Asper Street, corner of Dunstan Road. In your posting you refer to Old Mother Lacey who kids believed was a witch. She was my

Strange co-incidence ,  whilst having a coffee in our local Wetherspoons 2 days ago , got talking to a couple we have known by sight for many years , . They were customers in our old shop and since re

97, Dunstan Street, Netherfield, Nottingham, the place of my childhood. Living at 95 were the 'Hooper's' and at 99 the 'Williams's'. This was a council house, one of two separated blocks of 4 on that

Hi Mick,this is the 60s page,I can't type that lot again the med's have worn off,gimme' a break,please.

Mudge

Highlight the text by holding left mouse key down and dragging the pointer down the block of text.

right click on the highlighted text and left click on 'copy'

Open reply box in correct thread,

Right click on the reply box and left click on 'paste'

There was no misery !!

Just a wonderment as to how someone can not understand that we knew that they didn't know that we really did know what they thought we didn't know................................... slywink

NOW YOUR TALKING HILARY HIGGINBOTOM FAGGOTS YUMMIEOH HOW I LONG FOR THAT TASTE I WROTE QUITE A LONG THREAD SOMEWERE ON ONE OF THE NOTTINGHAM SITES ABOUT THIS AND THE OTHER NETHERFIELD SHOPSINCLUDING CORRNER HOUSE CAFE. NOT SEEN STAN ALISON OR FRANK FOR YEARS, I REMEMBER YOU AS YOU WERE A LITTLE BIT OLDER THAN ME NEVER WENT TO GIRLS BRIGADE BUT REMEMBER SUNDAY SCHOOL ANIVERSARIES AT THE METHODIST CHURCH,MARCHINGON AND OFF THE PLATFORM TO LES PIGGOTT CONDUCTING US WITH WHO IS ON THE LORDS SIDE CAN YOU REMEMBER THAT. WE STILL SING THIS WHEN WE GET TOGETHER AT FAMILY PARTIES AND START REMANICING.

BABS

Since I'm in a photo mood I thought I would add one of the allotments at the back of Godfrey street. They were just starting to build the road through there at that time.

scan0009.jpg

I'm sure it has improved things for folks getting about down there but I was sad to see the area where we kids had spent so much time playing paved over.

The large building opposite Jackie Bell's pub was owned by the Nottingham Coop (NCS) and I did some electrical work there early 70s.

Not sure what it is now but late 80s early 90s there was an amateur theater there.

There was a full stage with curtains that had been there for many years.

So it must have been a theatre or the likes long prior to that. anyone got any information re this?

I assume you are talking about the area up above the shops, Mick. Accessed by a concrete stairway. Chandos School used to have their speech day there in the 50's when I attended there. So its been there a looooong time.

(Jackson) I have a regular scanner that has an attachement for slides, film etc. It can even scan negatives and change them to positive for printing. Made by HP had it several years now so I would think they are even cheaper today. Just be prepared to spend quite a bit of time they are Slow.

YES THAT THE RIGHT PLACE BELIVE ITS KNOW KNOW AS LOCO CENTER A LOT OF ANDRAM AND THEATER STUFF HAPPENED IN THERE AND I BELIVE STILL DOSE , USED TO COLLECT YOUR CO OP DIVIE IN THERE 50S 60SANY BODY REMEMBER THAT. THE BUILDING DIRECTLY OPPOSIT JACKIEBELLS FIELD USED TO BE THE OLD LABOUR EXCHANGE JOB CENTRE.

PIGGIE HAS A SCANNER THAT WILL CONVERT OLD SLIDES AND NEGATIVES ONTO THE COMPUTER SO THEY CAN BE PRINTEED ONTO PHOTO PAPER QUITE EASY ONCE YOU GET USED TO IT AND IT ONLY COST ABOUT 50 POUNDS HE HAS DONE QUITE A FEW FOR PEOPLE I AM SURE IF YOU WANTED THEM COPPYING AND PUT ONTO DISC HE WOULD DO IT FOR YOU

HEY LOPPY I AM SURE LIKE ME THIS PLACE IN YOUR PIC USED TO BE PART OF YOUR OLD PLAY GROUND STRAIGHT OPPOSIT TRAFFIC TERRACE AND THE RAILWAY OFFICES NOW WERE THE NEW HOUSES OPPOSIT LYDLE ARE.

• 11 months later...

almost a year since i last posted on here just by chance i decided to go on to google put in netherfield nottingham and were did it bring me here to this thread so desided to re read it lokking at loppy lugs photo i think the house with the washing is pete rippons house from the back view in the 50s it was a new house compeared with the rest of the houses on godfrey st. loved the hours we spent playing on that waste land and the allotments at the bottom end helping ourselves to the peas black berries ,and the odd carrot nobody really complaned as long as you did not ruin the garden or take too many often i would be asked if i wanted produce to take home to my mum every body knew our family so if i was doing anything i should not have done they would soon tell my mum or my dad.