• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that memory TBI..sometimes i realise i was born a few years too late to have seen these bands at small and intimate venues.

When i listen to Jethro Tull - i am astounded by the sheer musicianship.

Aqualung, Stand Up, Thick As a Brick..the only LP i struggle with is Passion Play.I have the original gatefold of Paranoid LP..complete with my Bruvs name in Dynatape.

• Like 1

This sounds like a sister song ( lyrically) to Blinded by the Light..both penned by 'Loose Windscreen'.

A great album all round from Manfred Mann's Earthband. On the Bronze label this..reminds me of the Library..i loaned this and BBC sound effects vol.1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes i have that opinion HSR..they are getting too old as well. Took my Daughter to a meet & greet night in Dublin to see Rolling Stones..madam was lovin' it...me moaning at the changes in key...jaggers voice has dropped a million octaves..they have stopped using "who killed the Kennedy's" in Sympathy..Tumbling Dice was..as ever knock out..this was the 8th time seeing them. Charlie was a gent though.

Saw The Who..a few years ago...as was ..fab!

Dylan, Stewart and Jagger should quit those big gigs.

• Like 1

Agree about the Who ..Never really rated Daltery until he 'Became' Tommy ..overnight great vocals. Do you have Townsend's 'Who am i'  audiobook ? Excellent listen and narrated by Pete himself.

• Like 1

Was listening to 'Tommy' on the juke box in a pub up Raleigh Street.  After the words "I'm free.....", some wag shouted "I'm four ! "

I remember buying this in Bradleys Records..done some work at Monks and had some cash..played right up until the Summer..then Elvis died..maybe i played 50,000 Elvis Can't Be Wrong..or the like.

superb Floyd..tad better than Meddle.

• Like 1

Still miss Dio..what a voice..this song reminds me of a piss poor, piss wet day..went down to Londinium..to see a Ken Hensley gig..which was dire..and had no means of getting home from St.Pancras until the next day...the all night buffet..until the batteries ran out on me Bush tape player..Dio though eh?

• Like 2