I am a primary school teacher

Can you come up with the next line in the song...?..........''she stood there laughing''  

I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more ......................

• Like 1

With my voice? you would soon have no choir at all!    I couldn't carry a tune if it was in a bucket.

• Like 1

Thats ok Brew, the beauty of the NS Choir is nobody can hear you...........

• Like 2

Now then Nottingham lass  ,you must know the next line to this song............''Stop the bus,i want a wee wee''

• Like 1

When I was a kid at school in the 1960's & you were naughty you got a biffing/cane/slipper/strap so were more careful not to get caught next time, I never got lines or detention, always physical pain. What punishment do you teachers give the kids nowadays when they've been naughty now you can't beat up the kids?  

This is parenting, I know the "Snowflakes" won't like it but life is sometimes tough. No shouting or swearing at these kids or any phsical violence. Public support has fully supported this mother.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/support-mother-who-made-daughters-1658939

• Like 2
On 6/2/2018 at 5:01 PM, Nottinghamlass1992 said:

Ask me anything.

Where do you teach, lass - and please don't say "at a school" :)

I imagine our Primary Teacher has left us.  She was hardly given a warm welcome.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Shame about primaryschoolteacher ………. I agree.

Ian123 you know what an odd world we live in where some will flock to diminish the nicest folk,   others, willingly (though not always knowingly) will ignore the most appalling things .

This is why we are led by a selfish elite and why we move towards Brexit.

• Like 2

I think its sad that the whole thing went sour in the first place.

Unfortunately miss Jacknots or whoever she was chose a very hot and divisive topic for her first post, but she was inexperienced and we've probably all posted stuff at one time or another that we later wished we hadn't.  She was quickly run off.  The latest 'appearance' of a teacher resulted in her being run off before she even got a chance.  I hope it wasn't somebody completely different who wondered what she was getting into.  My concern was how many lurkers who might have become productive members were turned off by that little episode.

Ian... I was not even aware that anyone called you 'scum'. So I, for one, could not protest such a reference.  I do know that when you came back a few months ago, I posted a welcome back, as did many others. So let's move on.

Mick, and the mods of this site do a good job in trying to keep the peace in an environment that can easily turn snippy.

If the teacher ever comes back (doubtful). I think she should be treated with respect until she does something really out of line, at which point it is up to management to deal with it not us as individuals.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
22 hours ago, loppylugs said:

The mother has the right to discipline  her kids.

I agree Loppy........but not that way,,sat on the floor and being humiliated in front of everyone.....the little girls she be taught how to behave at home.......then they would behave when out and about...........poor girls.........the mothers fault.

• Like 3

Can't disagree with you on that Ben.  I was speaking broadly re. A parent's right to discipline.  My mother would have nailed me wherever we were and I knew it.  I was a quiet pup.  :biggrin:. These days one persons idea of discipline can be very different to someone else's.  I would never humiliate my girls in public.

• Like 2

I was never smacked,,or Humiliated ,,       a look or a word was always enough......,same with my kids and Grandkids,,could take them anywhere,,......people often remarked what good children.........

Edit.....yes i knew what you meant Loppy.

• Like 2

Nearly got a clip off me Dad once,,i was about 10,,on the sand dunes at Mabelthorpe,,think i had cheeked him.....and he came running at me,,dressed in his Suit,, i legged it and he could'nt catch me,,remember him falling face first into the sands,, next thing he got up spitting sand out his mouth,,saying ''Little Bogger'' i'll get you later'' then collapsing again in a fit of laughter........loved me old Dad...........

• Like 1