Hello from nostalgia journal Nottinghamshire Past

Hi all 

What a great forum! Really pleased to have joined - thanks everyone for having me!

I'm sure you're all aware that it is almost 20 years ago that Bygones began life as a separate publication with the then Nottingham Evening Post and since it ceased its print run several months ago, many have mourned its passing. 

We have therefore set up a new nostalgia journal - Nottinghamshire Past - which will delve into the region's cultural, sporting and historic roots from the not-so-distant past.

We really want this to be full of living memories so please do like our Facebook Page and share yours with us.

https://www.facebook.com/NottinghamshirePast/?modal=admin_todo_tour

The first edition will be on sale at most local newsagents this month, June 2018, priced at £2.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's memories :)

NottsPast 

• Like 1

And me Sue.......price of a coffee.....anyway ive always been a 'spendthrift'   lol

• Like 3

Thanks all for the warm welcome and support! It will be well worth the £2 - I promise :). 

https://www.facebook.com/NottinghamshirePast/ 

First edition will be on the shelves in Notts newsagents next Friday. You can preorder a copy to be delivered to your door via this link https://bit.ly/2sXJG7y. 

We're collecting content for the next edition so please do share your memories that you'd like us to feature so we can include them!

• Like 2

Me too. I used to really enjoy Bygones on line. I wasn't aware of it until its last year, which I paid to read. Really enjoyable, hope I can do the same with 'Nottinghamshire Past'. Good Luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Sent Nottinghamshire past a private message 4 days ago (only something about Nottingham) just to see if he was interested.

No reply is he real?

Hello again and sorry for slow reply, I am new to this forum !!

You should be able to obtain a copy from today as it is out now. Please let me now what you think

On 6/27/2018 at 6:08 PM, DaveN said:

I have asked two newsagents if they have the publication and neither of them had even heard of it.

Ask again - you should be able to get a copy now!

On 6/27/2018 at 5:37 AM, mary1947 said:

Sent Nottinghamshire past a private message 4 days ago (only something about Nottingham) just to see if he was interested.

No reply is he real?

Hi - sorry for the slow reply - I am new to the forum .... I have replied - please check :)

On 6/11/2018 at 9:13 PM, carni said:

Me too. I used to really enjoy Bygones on line. I wasn't aware of it until its last year, which I paid to read. Really enjoyable, hope I can do the same with 'Nottinghamshire Past'. Good Luck.

Thank you! :)

On 6/11/2018 at 8:14 PM, IAN123. said:

Thanks NP, i'm an ex pat and love Nottingham all things past.

Me £2 is reddeh !

Thank you! 

On 6/27/2018 at 6:16 PM, radfordred said:

1st issue not out until 3rd July from WH Smiths .......... Not be getting my two quid ..... But good look to them.

Thank you :)

On 6/6/2018 at 9:52 AM, benjamin1945 said:

And me Sue.......price of a coffee.....anyway ive always been a 'spendthrift'   lol

Thank you :)

I'm certain we're ALL here to assist if need be ! 

• Like 1

Bygones was great initially, as it was full of pics and info such as Rock City, Nottm Vic, Nottingham Forest, Boots, Players, Raleigh, Plessey etc over the years. However, more recent editions I purchased were a rehash of the same pictures and a plethora of adverts.

• Like 1

I'll be surprised If there's anything we haven't seen previously, but we'll wait and see.

Articles in the publication include:- 
Last Days of The Empire
Night Life
Pipewood Camp
Radio Nottingham
Cricket
Royal Visits 
Nottm Forest
Notts County
Lost Pubs

Worth the £2

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally found a copy of this publication, the very last one on the shelf at our local Newsagents.  He said he didn’t know it existed until a customer had asked him to get some copies in.  

It’s good, with a few articles and photos I haven’t seen or read before.  

I particularly enjoyed reading about Gary Sobers’ 6 sixes off Glamorgan’s Malcolm Nash.  The fielder who dropped a catch on the 5th ball, Roger Davis, was a boyfriend of mine :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1