Peter Stringfellow

Didn't know the bloke but I did go to the original 'Pete Stringfellow's King Mojo Club' in Sheffield. Around 1967.. when we used to hitch to a different club every weekend before I strted DJ in myself.  No booze inside.  You had to go to the pub across the road.  They served that strange Yorkshire Light Mild, which was rubbish.. but better than most Dark Mild..

Anyway.  The bloke was obviously a bit of a lad but I doubt he meant any harm and he certainly did me none.

RIP

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

Didn't know the bloke but I did go to the original 'Pete Stringfellow's King Mojo Club' in Sheffield. Around 1967.. when we used to hitch to a different club every weekend before I strted DJ in myself.  No booze inside.  You had to go to the pub across the road.  They served that strange Yorkshire Light Mild, which was rubbish.. but better than most Dark Mild..

Anyway.  The bloke was obviously a bit of a lad but I doubt he meant any harm and he certainly did me none.

RIP

I can’t remember exactly when DJ, but it was definitely before 1968. I did that circuit (only once) from the Nottingham Dungeon, to The Mojo for an all nighter, then on to The Twisted Wheel in Manchester for an all dayer on the Sunday. Had a ball!

• Like 2

A terrible shame indeed. Another life ruined by drugs. I'll listen to Dragonfly on utube later.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, crankypig said:

Danny Kirwan (Fleetwood Mac) has died aged 68,such a shame.

It is a question but in my opinion it was, the Peter Green (inc Danny Kirwan) version of Fleetwood Mac that was the best. I still have that cassette that I bought in Japan, somewhere, but nothing to play it on. Black Magic Woman, Albatros, Man of the World. Oh Well, Dragonfly etc  - Great 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
On June 12, 2018 at 8:28 AM, FLY2 said:

A terrible shame indeed. Another life ruined by drugs. I'll listen to Dragonfly on utube later.

Fly 

I noticed that you posted on the Ainsley Estate thread. Did you live there?

No Martyn, my mates Tim Dale, John Burden, Eddy Salter and Michael Coombes did. We all attended Forest Fields Grammar School between 1956 - 64ish.

• Like 1

Possibly. He was very clever. Blonde haired lad.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, FLY2 said:

No Martyn, my mates Tim Dale, John Burden, Eddy Salter and Michael Coombes did. We all attended Forest Fields Grammar School between 1956 - 64ish.

I think I remember Tim Dale and Michael Coombes but I must have been a few years younger than them. A lot of my mates went to Forest Fields but they would have started there in 61. 

• 3 months later...