I’ve added this in the new member section, but not sure whether it’s in the correct area, so added it to this one as well.

Hi all,

Just found this site after watching Edwin Starr on TV and finding out that he used to live in Beeston!

I left Alderman White in 1987, then Broxtowe College until 1990, the Manchester Poly for 3 years, then back to Chilwell for about 3 years and worked at the Paul Smiths head office next to Wickes in the Meadows, (which isn’t there anymore!), before moving to work and live in London. I left London in 2000 and have lived in Portsmouth since then.

I come back to Beeston about once every 6 months or every year for a couple of days to meet up with old school mates, and often visit The Crown, and often drive round Nottingham to revisit old haunts (well, what is still there anyway, and if I can find my way around the city centre road system now!) same goes for Beeston! What have they done to it?!

A lot of old school friends are still in Nottingham, hence my reason to visit. 

I’d be interested in hearing from anyone who was around Beeston, Alderman White around this time?

All the best.

Simon.

• Like 1

Hello Simon - hope you'll find plenty to interest you on here... and not just the Beeston area....

Welcome Simon, welcome to NS, I know Ald White school, I used to deliver pallets of paper there in the early '90s.

Once walked in to the hall pulling a pallet truck with a big pallet of copy paper & there were a load of kids in there doing exams. Oh dear !

• Like 1