Looking for anyone with info on an old adventure park located just off of Edwards lane . It was knocked down and houses built in its place . I believe the street is now called Portland court or ravens court . Any info or stories would be welcomed

• 2 months later...

Off at a tangent ....... two little kids who are neighbours of ours were taken to the children’s play park in Carrington yesterday by their grandparents.  A swing whacked Grandma on the side of her head, she fell to the ground and broke her hip!  It’s normally the kids who get hurt at these places ....... 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Used to go down to Radford 'rec' on Ilkeston road, especially if we had a little piece of candle. Climb the steps of the slide and slowly come down backwards, wiping the candle in a squiggly  fashion until you reach near the bottom. Someone would volunteer to go first because you would get wax on your trousers, but once it was polished in, we would watch with great delight as little kids came hurtling down the slide and fly straight off the end onto their bums. Evil little sods we were. Remember the slide steps, with Wicksteed on every one.

49 minutes ago, denshaw said:

I remember the second one, we called it the Witches hat, don't get your legs trapped underneath.

Both of those rides were on a playground near us on Clifton. Even as a kid they scared me because I could see how easy it was to get your legs/feet trapped underneath - especially the one in the first photo. 

I split my chin after falling off a slide like that on Bath st, it was just before going to skeg at the weekend, just got told to bath my chin in the sea as the salt water would be good for it !. Mind you, that was 55years ago, wouldn't want to bath any wound in there now. And we also did the trick with the candle.

2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Both of those rides were on a playground near us on Clifton. Even as a kid they scared me because I could see how easy it was to get your legs/feet trapped underneath - especially the one in the first photo. 

The roundabout, as they were known was in place on Radford 'rec', I can remember one kid, don't know who, was able to scramble underneath and ride on the frame inside. There was only one place he could get under so we had to make sure he was moved round to that bit, to get out.

As an aside, on Brassey street 'rec' they had a large climbing frame, which for some reason was known as the "Monkey climber," also a big seven seater rocking horse.