DaveN

Old Streets of Nottingham

At the time TBI,at the time

Rog

• Like 1

I see Milbro (Millard Brothers) fishing tackle bottom right and no doubt Winmau dart board and Unicorn darts and flights, Kiel Kraft model boats and yachts, are they Gunn and Moore cricket bats far left? Triang pedal car top left?

Rog

Always had a pond yacht, many happy hours down the embankment rec and often a paddle across to the middle to retrieve it.

I remember I had an RAF patrol boat from Gee Dee, plastic went together in parts with an electric motor. They also did a motorised seaplane that sailed and the range also included a tank and other vehicles. Wish I could remember the make.

• Like 1

Question for Rog: that old Off License on the corner of Bunbury St. Did it become a motorbike shop?

Don't think so Ian,always known it as a corner shop,groceries and stuff

Rog

Lol, never a motorbike shop but a certain member got knocked off his motorbike on that corner by an Indian fella. 

• Like 2

It's a domestic property now,don't like the way they've done away with the door on the corner, thought that was a nice feature

Rog

I’m going to sound a right cheapskate now! I’ve been encouraged by mates to publish my little book on Sneinton and the Pretty Windows, but a few of the photos I’ve used are from Picture the Past which charges £40 per download if the photo is to be used commercially.

Does anybody have any copyright free photos of pre-war Sneinton showing the terraced housing, or any photos of Sneinton Market that I could use? They would be acknowledged, of course.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2018 at 1:35 PM, jonab said:

I'm not familiar with any of them. It's just that I was told about Francis and how dreadful he was as an entertainer.

Still is !!!

On 9/16/2018 at 1:22 AM, IAN123. said:

Two Radford colour photos showing locations used in Saturday Night Sunday Morning film.61795.1.640.640.UNPAD.jpgAndersons Pawn Shop on Denman St.61798.1.280.99999.unpad.jpgBeaconsfield Terrace, Alan Sillitoe lived at no.6?

I spent many an hour queuing in Anderson's pawn shop with my dads shoes or his best suit. There used to be a queue at the back door even before the shop opened. B.