• Like 3

Likewise..........:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Pair of old smoothies

Rog

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

72, and still a looker

I think that both of them must be referring to their better halves.

• Like 4

We were on about Stephanie Beecham..........well i was anyway    lol

• Like 3

Before Hughie's Cafe on Hunto..V4499-04.jpgRobin Hood moved over the road..bus station to the right..the old chimney on Great Freeman Street in the distance.

• Like 2

If that path is where I think it is/was! Didn't it lead onto curzon st? Past the old house! with the clock?.

• Like 1

Bottom end of London Road.bootsC-1.jpgBoots Power Station on the left.

St.Patricks church steeple?

Island St.to the right.

• Like 1

Tradeshall on Thurland Street..1967.67009-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgCounty Sales near the Classic..and the Old Dutch Caff.

Boots Factory..London Rd.bootsB-1.jpgTaken from the corner of Cliff Road and Canal St. The small properties to the left of Boots gates were cleared for their own Fire Brigade buildings...A doss house existed for some time to the right of this picture...after a days work and overtime i often witnessed furious rows with drunks and diners from the neighbouring Medieval Banquet Hall.

2 hours ago, IAN123. said:

This is Liverpool Street...St.Anns.67179-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg

Liverpool Street off Handel Street which went from Bath Street to Carlton Road 

18 hours ago, plantfit said:

When I used to go there I remember the barber having a good stock of "Gentlemans" magazines to look at while waiting slywink

Rog

Some thing for the weekend Sir?

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:59 AM, IAN123. said:

Alfred Street Central..9549612.jpgWoodborough Rd. Church?

With seeing Woodbourough Rd Church is this picture this is not  Alfred Street central it is Alford street north,  Alfred Street central  where commercial square  is.

From the way I look at the photo, it is Alfred st central, the church is at the top of it! If you can imagine looking back from the photo, commercial square is that way. That's how I see the picture anyway. Other wise, if looking down Alfred st North, the church would be on the left!

• Like 1

This is Alfred St Central Mary, the Baptist church is on the corner of Woodborough Road and Alfred St North. It looks like the photo was taken from the corner of Northumberland St, outside Bob's Spares.

• Like 2

Dont care what you say you can not see the church from Commercil square the church is in fact on Woodbrough Rd and  i  stick by my gunns and you are on Alford St North.

No one is suggesting that you can see the church from commercial square!!. Like 'Commo ' says, taken from about Bob's spares. 

1 hour ago, mary1947 said:

Dont care what you say you can not see the church from Commercil square the church is in fact on Woodbrough Rd and  i  stick by my gunns and you are on Alford St North.

That picture is definitely Alfred Street Central !, You are wrong Mary !

• Like 1

Well we will never know now that its no longer there.

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=19&lat=52.9429&lon=-1.1456&layers=6&right=BingHyb

Hi I find this side by side map is very handy,looking at this it seems to say Alfred St central,but look yourselves and Mary both north and central are still there on this map.Cheers...

• Like 1

The Baptist church was ( and I think the building is still there ) on the corner of Alfred St North and Woodborough Rd and opposite the church, on the corner of Alfred St Central, was The Craven Arms. From this junction Alfred St North ran uphill to Mansfield Rd and downhill to St Ann's Well Rd at Commercial Square. The photo is taken from outside Bob's Spares, almost opposite Bullivant St which is still there and shows on the mapping supplied by Trevor. From this vantage point you are looking up Alfred St Central and if you were to turn 180 degrees you would be looking down towards Commercial Square although it could not be seen as the road turned slightly to the left as it went down to St Ann's Well Rd.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion!

• Like 3

That's exactly how I saw it Commo, no confusion from me !.