Hi all. This maybe a wild goose chase tbh! I'm looking for a man called Arthur, I have no surname. He was from billbough area. And all I know was that he was interviewed on TV with his girlfriend about a sex shop opening up in the area ( not sure billbough or Nottingham) in 81/82. He may be about mid late 50s early 60s ? He was friends with someone called pauline and she had a son called Kevin.  Thank you for reading. I've searched so much on Internet this is my last little ray of hope ! 

The Private Shop was the first of its kind to open in Nottingham that was over 30 years ago so it may be something to do with that.

One of the problems you will have is that the TV companies were BBC & ATV in 1981 which changed to the BBC & ITV in January 82.

55 minutes ago, IAN123. said:
6 minutes ago, NewBasfordlad said:

The Private Shop was the first of its kind to open in Nottingham that was over 30 years ago so it may be something to do with that.

One of the problems you will have is that the TV companies were BBC & ATV in 1981 which changed to the BBC & ITV in January 82.

Yeah I think that's why I can't seen to find anything. I doubt I'll find him tbh ! Thank you though 

I lived in Bilborough from when I was born, until about 1982/3.  Do you mean he was aged in his 50's or 60's at the time, or would  he be that age now?.  If you mean he'd be that age now, then he's a similar age to me (well, the early 60's bit!).  I don't remember an Arthur around my age but a lot of people lived in Bilborough - depends which part he lived in

On a quick search of the macearchive website, I found this, but it was in Derby http://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-today-21081981-sex-shop

You can contact them to ask how to view it, if you think this could be the right one, although it might be expensive

• Like 1

Hope so, but worried it might cost rather a lot!  If you know any other tiny detail about him - road he lived in/school he went to/parents name/brothers and sisters/whether Pauline lived in Bilborough too, and if so, any info about her.  You can send me a private message, if you don't want to put the details here

7 minutes ago, annswabey said:

Hope so, but worried it might cost rather a lot!  If you know any other tiny detail about him - road he lived in/school he went to/parents name/brothers and sisters/whether Pauline lived in Bilborough too, and if so, any info about her.  You can send me a private message, if you don't want to put the details here

I know nothing else. It's took 36 years to get this information! I've sent them an email and I'll see what they come back with ! Thank you all so much you've given me a little hope x

Thought it might cost a lot, sadly.  Do you know that they may have been in Derby? Suppose it depends how much you want to know - if the £70 is too much, perhaps going to look at it would be the best option.  At least you should be able to rule it in or out, and with the little info you have on him, will be difficult to find out about him.  How did you find out about the interview?

• 8 months later...