How many early memories do you have?

Another school memory from when i was about 8,, going to Henry Whipple the first week,,i'd upset some older lads,can't remember how now probably with me big 'Gob' anyway going up Padstow hill they were waiting for me,, i turned and legged it to my Grandad/Grandma's house on Leybourne,, told Grandad,he just said don't worry,but never run away again from anybody,, if you have to fight ,fight, you will probably get a hiding but you got to do it,,

Next morning back i went,they were waiting again and...............Grandad was right took a right bashing up,............lol..........

• Like 2
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Thanks carnie,, me and Loppy are thinking of going on Tour,,probably by a Mississippi river boat,, we'll be known as,,''old dogs new tricks''....lol

I was in a duo once, we were known as the Symbolics, I was Sym and ............................

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Went in school after nursing me bruises with bad headache,stuck the morning out,,went to Grandads at lunch time,which i always did for me dinner,,...........obviously told him what happened and by now i had a black eye and lumps on me head........Grandad said proud of you mate,,won't say owt to ya Mam and Dad.....which he never did bless him........7 years later at his funeral at Bulwell Cemetery ,,stood by his grave and thats all i could think about,, a man who had suffered many injury's in WW1,  and what a man......short in stature but big in Heart........

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

I remember these holidays in the early 1950s when East coast beaches had ex WWII DUKWs ferrying people along the beach for a ride.

22318959724_d757d5d9ab_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think I must have been around six years old when the school bully caught me on top of a wall.  It was only about three feet high but for a wee laddie it seemed big.  He came along the wall and started pushing me.  For once I pushed back and he fell - he never bullied me again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Compo, I've never fallen off a wall, but I have had incidents while climbing over railings... at Junior school - I think I was about 9 - I, and others, were climbing over some 4 - 5 foot railings round the school playground and jumping down on to the pavement.  The railings had hooped tops.  The first time was OK but the next time, my dress caught on the hooped top as I jumped and I fell forwards on to my head.   The teacher looked at my bleeding forehead and said I'd better go home, so I walked by myself (nearly) a mile home.   These days, parents would. be phoned to collect the child and they would probably be taken to A&E.   Luckily, I must have been OK as I'm still here with brain intact!!

Another incident was when I was about 10 and was climbing over railings with rusty spiked tops by the park on Woodthorpe Drive.   My foot slipped and one of the spikes went partway up my nostril!!!  It bled a lot but I was OK.  

I'd like to say I've never climbed over railings since, but that wouldn't be true.  I remember as a teenager, climbing OUT of the park as the top gate had been locked for the night.   I DIDN'T fall this time.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Talking about walls, an early memory I would be about 4/5 we had a Great Dane

and it was my older Brothers job to clean the kennel out.  

Going to the wood yard with the wheelbarrow to get the sawdust he decided sit me in it

and take me with him, on the way there we saw a stranded cat on top of a high wall.

Yes my Brother decided to be a hero, climbed up the wall the cat jumped down, the top 

of the wall and the bricks fell on me so there was a dash home him screaming me dazed

with blood running down my face. 

Don't know how I survived my childhood.:blink:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1