IAN123.

1979- The Winter of Discontent.

1979 weren't all Lena Martell and Cabbage Patch Dolls...7e6058b40943b0f137b662a9c2aa1003cb443efeThis Clash and Guy Stevens masterpiece came out.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:27 PM, IAN123. said:

NOTTINGHAM_FOREST_79.jpgmy fave line up.

Almost... where's Terry Curran?

• Like 1

My Favourite Forest line up 1967/68 Who remembers the 6th round tie vs Everton and that barsteward Labone the kicked Zigger Zagger off the park and Joe was unable to play in the semi, who knows it might have just made the difference had he been there. That season this team deserved to do the double. Great years, season ticket holder and watched all the home games of that era from the old East stand level with 18 yard box at the Trent End. Travelled to many away games too in a Hillman Imp with 2 sometimes 3 mates.

Image result for nottingham forest 1967-68

• Like 4

I was in an office in 1979 working as a typist on manual typewriters so the power cuts didn’t affect us too much. Some sort of lamps were provided as well that sat on the desks (about 6 desks were pushed together). So we never had the 3 (or was it 4) day week. Hated going back to my flat when the power cuts were on though had to manage with torches, luckily we had a gas cooker but it wasn’t very easy to cook by torchlight, lighting the coal fire wasn’t easy either!

Not all bad in Notts at this time...50-Years-Since-England-Won-The-World-CupSir Alf pops into Bunny with jules for a pie & pint.Sir-Alf-Ramsey.jpgDaytime in The Rancliffe Arms..Sir Alf in 1979.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

My Favourite Forest line up 1967/68 Who remembers the 6th round tie vs Everton and that barsteward Labone the kicked Zigger Zagger off the park and Joe was unable to play in the semi, who knows it might have just made the difference had he been there. That season this team deserved to do the double. Great years, season ticket holder and watched all the home games of that era from the old East stand level with 18 yard box at the Trent End. Travelled to many away games too in a Hillman Imp with 2 sometimes 3 mates.

Image result for nottingham forest 1967-68

Great photo OZ...............Met 5 of em........played with 1,,.....wish it were other way round................

My fave non- Faces line-up.

Carmine on drums..reminding me of that crumby club in Mansfield...New Years Eve '78/'79 cusp.