Sign in to follow this  
IAN123.

Morleys

Some images of this Hosiery Company.i-and-r-morley.jpgmorleys stocking advert.Morley-stockings-no-date.jpgMorleys nylons , 1957.1957-_Morley-_Nylons-ad.jpg1931 poster.1952-_Morley-_Stockings-ad.jpg

• Like 2

When I seen Morleys in the title I'm thinking bread shop? Lass called Denise, bit older than me, worked in the Alfreton Road shop, fancied the pants off her, never looked my way :huh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to be picky but, I must take issue with the 1931 date for the Morleys ad, above. I think that ad must be for silk stockings.

Nylon wasn't invented until mid - late1930's and wasn't available for commercial use in Europe until after WW2 when the need for it to replace silk (mainly sourced from Japan!) in parachutes was no longer a priority.

There are many long romantic (and not so romantic) stories about post-war American troops over here tempting (bribing) young girls for their favours with nylon stockings. I'm sure we've all heard them and I expect a number of us oldies will know at least one person who is the result of one of these temptations! I know I do but, as a Hucknallian(?) with its WW2 strategically very important airfield, that is no surprise.

There were other temptations offered by the GIs such as Max Factor make-up (lipstick etc.), chocolate (Hershey's -YUK), cigarettes - I even heard that peanut butter and tinned fruit were on the list.

• Upvote 1

Wonder if the title should be Morley & not Morleys? 

Anyway back to Denise, cracking hot baps.