IAN123.

NG1/2..1949.

You mentioned the name before & I am familiar but can't put a face. Do you remember Dumpy's Rusty Nuts.i'm sure they supported the Groundhogs at the Mardi Gras in about '84.

I am racking my brains to remember who supported them on the other occasion..it was a localish Nottingham Band..very good singer.

• Like 1

HSR..the Runner was a great place for bands..some names..could be another pub on Canning Circus:

Kellys Heroes.

Plummett Airlines.

Dumpys Rusty Nuts.

Desperate Dan.

Gaffa.

Pete Donaldson Blues Band.

Clint Bestwood.

Steam Kittens.

• Like 1

pacing mesen! Plummet Airlines & Clint Bestwood .. Brilliant Harry..

May have played the runner but don't think Dumpy was local.. Gaffa & Desperate Dan ..superb!

Bad Axe?! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Been thing hard..could possibly have seen the Groundhogs three times at the Mardi Gras..the support band I was thinking of was roughly 1990 but in general don't recall it being open that late.

Black flying V..They were named after an Album title or song..major stab in the dark..Kings of Oblivion?

• Like 1

I do recall a band called Engine HSR..very loud...think i saw them at The Boat..sure they supported The Hogs..late 70's?

• Like 1

John Coghlan on drums! I recall also seeing them at the Mardi Gras.

Thanks for the reminder!

• Like 1

Also recall at the Mardi Gras..about 1985, Nik Turner's Inner City Unit .. tree trunk shaped guitars.

• Like 1

Like these 'Mr.Memory Moments' HSR..

sure i saw British Lions there..they were the Band Mott..when Hoople had gone out the gap.

Back to 1949..derby-road-rose-crown.jpgRose & Crown, Derby Rd.

Drizzly Derby Road, 1949...52788-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgThink Smalleys became a Marine outboard Shop in my go.

• Like 1

No Recollection of that pub on Derby road.Outside my limited area.Do recall the Ian Hunter Band playing the runner about '95 also Pat Traver's which I did attend. Leslie West was also lined up but unfortunately cancelled. These were day's of extortionate door charge's of 5 to 7 pounds!;)

Remember the marine shop also.

Big Grey Dinghy outside?

• Like 1

Anyone remember Dan Baird of the Georgia Sattelites appearing at the Runner ? A fantastic gig, and amusing too. 

Bottom end of Derby Road, 194968491-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg.Campbells was on the corner of Shepperson St.which was lost when City Gate was built.Looks like number 30 has a history of other folks mail and bills!

Of a later period- but all of the same Street68200-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg...There were 3 short thoroughfares from Wollaton St.onto Derby Rd..

Shepperson, Vernon and the top one opposite Baker & Plumb , Derby St. The shop on the right sold Harvo and Soreen malt loaves...warm.Like Judges this Hovis Store sold minature Hovis loafs. The Amoy on the left..and behind the NCT was the side entrance to the Cathedral.

• Like 2

The Amoy in all it's glory..treats did little to mask the pain of my eye treatments..but this eaterie and Browns Toy Shop helped.68553-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg

• Like 1

The Strathdon Hotel has been built...the ever waiting wrecking ball and Watts were in the wings..61416-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg...Seemed most of my childhood was full of galvanised sheeting and demolition.

• Like 1

School dancing on the square ...1949.53804618-407643153135839-738079322358322Colour and composition are a delight here...capturing the Quincentenary.

• Like 1

Good use of the square, In more modern times we have a giant sand pit for some of the young mothers to bury their little ones disposable nappies in,and then people say the council does nothing for them

Rog

• Like 1