Have you ever wondered ....why ? Doesnt matter what it is but the question pops up every now and again. It would be nice if someone has the answer.

Just now making myself a cup of coffee and looking around the kitchen I have a few electrical appliances with German plugs. Why? Lots of appliances are made in Italy and they still have German plugs. Why? Which means we have to either change the plug to use it ( but not straightaway in case the thing goes wrong and they wont change it) or else use an adapter. Heres another why. Our power points are different ( obviously) we have 2 different sized pronged plugs small  and large. Why ?  So we have to buy 2 different sized adapters.

Very annoying as whenever we need an adapter its never the right one or we cant find it.

Anyone else has a why?

• Like 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My sister lives in Spain. Recently, she broke her arm and shoulder. She can't speak Spanish and no one at the hospital spoke English. Result, confusion. In my opinion, if you want to live abroad, the

The cost of interpreters is a huge factor both inside and outside the NHS.   As I said, my sister doesn't speak Spanish and, after her initial visit to the hospital, she had to book the serv

On the subject of why, I wonder if the people of Gloccamorra ever wonder how things are with us?

I'll never let you go,,why?........next line please and who sung it?

nice one caftan.....didn't know Frankie Avalon did it......I was thinking Anthony Newley

All down to the big con called globalisation. It's cheaper for the multinationals (the only ones with clout nowadays) to source all the manufacture of individual items in one place, then ship them to where they're needed. Works fine until things go wrong. Prime examples at the moment are the Co2 shortages (I thought we had too much on the planet), and the problems Brexit will cause the UK(supposedly) with the new European satnav.

I reckon over the next couple of decades things will turn full circle, and we will go back to making daily walking trips to independent shops for stuff as we need it.

Why did the Welsh go to Patagonia  ?   and there are some still there speaking Welsh   ,,why   ?

43 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Why did the Welsh go to Patagonia  ?   and there are some still there speaking Welsh   ,,why   ?

intrigued me to the point of checking the "historic UK"  website (too hot to do much else today) - brilliant article - give it  a read.

click on the history magazine, then history of wales, then scroll to page three "history of Patagonia"

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Brew said:

Why, when I ask "can things get any worse", they always do..

Because the light at the end of the tunnel is always some numpty with a torch bearing bad tidings of great sorrow.

For me, "One foot in the grave" has become my autobiography.

Here's another for you then ''oldphil' there is a village in France that is Spanish,'' llivia,,France all around it..........known as an 'exclave'

• Like 1
1 hour ago, oldphil said:

What? men, or our nipples?

I'm guessing it's to do with the point on the timeline when they're developed in the womb.

I myself always ask this question then I found out sorry chaps that when that little swimmer enters the egg we all start of as females.  Please don't shout at me.

• Like 3

One of my boys had a t-shirt with ‘WHY’ across the front when he was a toddler.   Questions, questions, always asking ‘Why’.  Now I have to ask him ‘Why’ to a lot of things, he’s a lot brighter than me. 

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Here's another for you then ''oldphil' there is a village in France that is Spanish,'' llivia,,France all around it..........known as an 'exclave'

be on it in a bit - just off to English Youth Ballet rehearsals

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

As I understand it the money being quoted is not the cost of the wedding, it's to pay the estimated overtime bill for the police.

London football clubs alone cost the taxpayer almost £7,000,000 yet nobody seems to be getting their knickers in a twist about that.

• Like 2
On 7/1/2018 at 1:32 PM, katyjay said:

I've got one. Why do men have nipples?

I w2ant to know why I have six nipples.....two proper ones and four very small ones set out like an animal! Apparently, it is not uncommon and they are called soemthing like supernumery nipples.

Right, just looked it up and answered my own question.....Supernumerary nipples are diagnosed in humans at a rate of approximately 1 in 18 people.

• 4 months later...

Because NOBODY, whatever their political persuasion  deserves to be spoken to in that way. The police should have taken action months ago, when protesters initially appeared.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Professional rabble. No wonder British jobs are filled by foreigners. Ok, no political intent.