The download/print program for my Sony DSC-W800 camera  “Playmemories Home” does not work on my updated W10 computer. My son in law found me an alternative via File Explorer but a recent surge of MS updates has removed it from my desktop, I don’t want to ask my son in law again (he will say it’s my fault) so if anyone can help I’d be much obliged

You probably have the same version of PlayMemoriesHome that I do. I very rarely use it but have just tried to open it and it caused my computer to hang up. I have Windowze 10 with all updates. Try re-insalling PMH from Sonys website and it will only install the bits that are lost, leaving your saved work intact.

• 7 months later...

help please, just today I've noticed that i can't do anything, reply, comment or anything on my kindle regarding the site. I've logged out and back in, rebooted it, getting to the stage where the next reboot is out of the window!!. all appears ok on my phoneso must be something I've done on the kindle. it keeps telling me "field required" but it won't let me do anything. any ideas please? 

Quick update on my problem, it appears to be my tablet (probably an overdose) cos I can use shmbo tablet and everything is ok!!

Hi again, played around with the tablet, after asking Mr G oogle and all is well again. And I know nowt about these things!!.

Right then, here's one for the computer boffins, following on from my previous problem, my tablet used to show in 'large print ' but wouldn't let me reply ect. Now, it responds when in 'huge print' ! Does it know my eye's are failing?, and simply not bothering to let me use it? If so, how on earth does it know?

• 2 years later...

Help needed (again!)2weeks ago Sandra21.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

Can anyone tell me why the picture has changed, my daughter lives in the Isle of Wight and we have a "drink together" every Wednesday but this week both the image and sound were hopeless.cn u elp?

Albert, what type of camera is your daughter using. That looks the image you get when using a phone camera. Does she use a laptop when communicating or pc. A laptop lens should give a 16×9 image. (Only guessing mind).

• Like 2

Albert, can you be certain that you are both still using the same equipment and software you'd used on previous occasions ?  Different technology can change what you see and how you see it.

For example...my main desktop computer is an iMac. On various occasions I've used Zoom or Facetime (Apple's equivalent) to talk to people. The image which I see of myself (in the small box) is different on Zoom to the one I see on Facetime, even though it's the same camera looking at me.

Similar thing happened with us last week .

Our son and us both normally used phones for video calls to each other via WhatsApp.

For some reason he loaded WhatsApp onto his laptop and we had a similar compressed view like yours.

Only went back to normal ,  at both ends , when we turned our phone from portrait view to landscape .

( not suggesting you turn your telly on its side !!) 

What I want to know is this.....

is there a video camera which will automatically change my appearance to what it was 60 years ago?   

• Like 2

Many Thanks for replies, sorry i was a bit short on the tecknics 'cos I'm not too sure myself. The camera device is a "Portal" installed as a Xmas present by my son and it clips on top of the TV, it's served via my computer router to my Facebook account and as far as I know my daughter uses a 'messenger app' on her phone to connect Up to last week it's been brilliant as you can see in the first photo it's like having her sat in the corner of the living room, every thing except the glasses clinking! My son will call us  tomorrow for his weekly chat but he'll be on a laptop, just a thought I'll send him the two photos to see if he has any ideas! Oops second thoughts, they're both 'senior citizens' now, no wonder I'm feeling my age! Thanks again, it's nice to be able to call on friendly people.

Just remember Albert, the image you're seeing on your tv is from your daughter's camera not yours..your camera image is the little one in the bottom right corner. You mention the lass uses a phone camera, so she may need to set it to landscape mode, rather than portrait.

• Like 2