Scottish actor who appeared in American Westerns, Disney's and many British productions.

Perhaps best known for a role with a local flavour.....

How did he come to win a bravery medal for his actions whilst filming in a studio?

Cheers

Robt P.

post-29-1151231741_thumb.jpg

Reckon it's you Ann!

Can't see any similarity, although I do have an opticians appointment this afternoon no1

Clue1: His surname could be a Christian name......

Cheers

Robt P.

This is a long shot is he called Hans Matherson??

'Fraid not, ilko & Caz.......

His best known role involved Sherwood Forest......appearing in 97 30 minute TV episodes. Failure to appear in the remaining 33 episodes related to injuries sustained in winning his aforementioned bravery medal.

Glaswegian who died in London, 1979.

Cheers

Robt P.

Archie Duncan played Little John in Robin Hood.. (Excluding episodes 11 - 21 inclusive)

Archie was born on the 26th May 1914 in Glasgow. He died in London on the 24th July 1979.

Archie was replaced for eleven episodes of season one by Rufus Cruickshank following an accident on set where a heavy piece of scenery was about to fall on some children, Archie pushed the children out of the way. The set then fell on him and broke his leg. He received a medal for his good deed.

I wouldn't have know any of this, but did a Google after your giveaway clue..

surprising how many films he had appeared in..

I was also amazed how many films he had appeared in.......worldwide studios too!

The story of his heroism was also news to me.....

IIRC, another actor was once involved in a similar act of selfless bravery, during a fire on a film set...but damned if I can recall who it was!

Charlie Drake/Roy Kinnear????

Cheers

Robt P.

If you do a Google on 'film set fires' you'll find it surprising we have any industry left....

and whilst you mention Charlie Drake, I read somewhere he's still in demand for voice overs.... I remember him from years ago when he appeared alongside Henry Mcgee in 'The Worker'

poor old Roy died whilst on location for The Return of the Musketeers (89) where he suffered a fatal fall from his horse.

post-29-1151354545_thumb.jpg

The Worker

Brough back some memories that one...

1 9 6 5 - 1 9 6 6 (UK)

1 9 6 9 - 1 9 7 0 (UK)

26 x 30 minute episodes

The Worker featured comedian Charlie Drake as an unemployed "little man" willing to take on any form of work. Unfortunately he was accident-prone and although he had tried more than 1,000 roles, he was completely incapable of holding down any job for more than one day.

As a result, the irrepressible ginger-haired imp virtually haunted the Weybridge Labour Exchange, staffed by the long-suffering Mr Whittaker (Percy Herbert),

worker_1966.jpg

and later by Mr Pugh (played by Henry McGee, more well known for his supporting roles in The Benny Hill Show).

worker_25.JPG

Each episode in the Labour Exchange would inevitably end with Mr Pugh (or "Mr Peooow" as our hero dubbed him) grabbing Charlie by the throat and hoisting him off the ground.

After a gap of four years the series was brought back in 1969 and it was very briefly revived once more in 1978 as part of Bruce Forsyth's Big Night, with Drake and McGee again doing battle in the job centre

Information & images courtesy of ncc_header2.GIF

The Worker