Emotional Intelligence

Damn now you've done it....

Snapshot Report
spacer.gifEmotional Identification, Perception, and Expression
spacer.gifgraph_arrow.gif 45
graph_background_general.gifspacer.gifgraph_slider_general.gif
Your results indicate that you need to work on improving the skills that can help you identify, perceive and express emotions in yourself and others. Difficulties in this area of emotional intelligence can hinder your ability to read others, to understand how they feel, and to effectively identify your own emotions. Lacking these skills could mean that you struggle to relate to others and may sometimes even question why you yourself behave the way you do. Review the results below for further information in order to identify where improvement is recommended.

My interpretation of being emotionally intelligent is based on Mr Spock's philosophy. At all costs, avoid getting mixed up with over emotional and illogical humans who will cause you endless problems if you are daft enough to let them. 

It works for me. Cats are totally different. Do as they please, don't want to listen to your problems or tell you about theirs. Don't need your approval, your opinion or your permission. Totally self-contained and self-possessed. Well, they do have pointed ears! :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

My interpretation of being emotionally intelligent is based on Mr Spock's philosophy. At all costs, avoid getting mixed up with over emotional and illogical humans who will cause you endless problems if you are daft enough to let them. 

It works for me. Cats are totally different. Do as they please, don't want to listen to your problems or tell you about theirs. Don't need your approval, your opinion or your permission. Totally self-contained and self-possessed. Well, they do have pointed ears! :rolleyes:

Totally agree Jill. We have four of the smart little creatures. ;)

• Like 2

I think I did a different test from you, Phil and Brew .... there weren't that many questions and I got 134!  Pity I can't play football or I could join the team

I did an emotional intelligence test online. The result was 'not so good' :rolleyes:

I also did a mental age test. It says I have a mental age of 39. Is that good or bad?

Either way, I don't give a toss. I'm perfectly happy ;)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I did an emotional intelligence test online. The result was 'not so good' :rolleyes:

I also did a mental age test. It says I have a mental age of 39. Is that good or bad?

Either way, I don't give a toss. I'm perfectly happy ;)

I’m 44, so still older than you, but even older in real life!

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

I always thought you were more mature Margie.smile2

Is 'mature' a good thing?  I know it is for cheese, but not sure about whether that's relevant in this case...

.... and I'm 85% humble btw

just had a thought... should one be proud of being humble?   

28 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Is 'mature' a good thing?  I know it is for cheese, but not sure about whether that's relevant in this case...

.... and I'm 85% humble btw

just had a thought... should one be proud of being humble?   

If you were a Colston Basset Stilton you'd be on my shortlist! Pause for thought - what is your favourite Stilton? 

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

Woman down the road said I was childish & immature, so I knocked on her door & ran away...  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Surely that would be a contradiction in terms. Pride and humility are polar opposites.

Exactly, Jill....

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

If you were a Colston Basset Stilton you'd be on my shortlist! Pause for thought - what is your favourite Stilton? 

I'm no connoisseur of cheese, Phil.  I like most of them,  except Edam, Gouda and cheese slices from Tesco!

And  I thought Stilton was only genuine if it came from Stilton.....

A full Colston Basset stilton drill several holes with the special tool, fill holes with good port, replace plugs of cheese and leave for a month topping up the port weekly. Eat slowly with a glass of the same fine port, always one on the mess bar.

My favourite Stilton was the stuff that they put in the sandwiches at the Bell - back in the '70's when old Mrs Jackson was around. Next best was the Old Corner Pin Stilton sandwiches.

I'm not fond of the modern Stilton, it seems to have changed into something bitter tasting. Perhaps that's me but, I do still enjoy the Stilton that you get in pots at Christmastime - I make sure I have several sent down here.

MargieH, have you tried extra mature Gouda? It's not very much like the ordinary tasteless rubbery stuff you can get but has a strong " tang" to it. Burton's used to stock it but you can get it at other places - I bought some from Waitrose when I was over last winter.

• Upvote 1

Jonab, as I said previously, I'm not a cheese connoisseur...... so really special cheeses would be wasted on me!    

You are right in that Gouda is rubbery (as is Edam) and I don't really like that particular texture...

32 minutes ago, jonab said:

My favourite Stilton was the stuff that they put in the sandwiches at the Bell - back in the '70's when old Mrs Jackson was around. Next best was the Old Corner Pin Stilton sandwiches.

I'm not fond of the modern Stilton, it seems to have changed into something bitter tasting. Perhaps that's me but, I do still enjoy the Stilton that you get in pots at Christmastime - I make sure I have several sent down here.

MargieH, have you tried extra mature Gouda? It's not very much like the ordinary tasteless rubbery stuff you can get but has a strong " tang" to it. Burton's used to stock it but you can get it at other places - I bought some from Waitrose when I was over last winter.

The bitter tasting Stilton comes from the Long Clawson dairy and is not, to my taste, the best. They probably have the most prolific output so that's what you generally get. The creamiest is from Coslton Basset closely followed by Cropwell Bishop. All the Stiltons have their own unique taste to the connoisseur.  

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

Jonab, as I said previously, I'm not a cheese connoisseur...... so really special cheeses would be wasted on me!    

You are right in that Gouda is rubbery (as is Edam) and I don't really like that particular texture...

I went to Chinese restaurant once and called over the waiter to say “this chicken’s rubbery”. “Ah, thank you velly much” he said. “The chef always does his best!”

• Like 2