Waitrose plans for Bridgford store cancelled

So there’s to be no Waitrose at the Wheatcroft island. Trading conditions apparently. I thought the Edwalton area could support a Waitrose - it is the posh person’s store after all. Even we peasants in the Newark area have got one;  just over the road from Tolney Lane, the Gypsy site. To be honest it’s not much different from any other store and they do have to maintain competitive pricing. I bet we see a Lidl or an Aldi there soon, it is a prime situation.

I remember arriving in Nottingham 14 years ago and very disappointed that there was no Waitrose handy, I never shopped anywhere else when we were down south.  There was no way I was going to travel to Newark for my Waitrose fix so I quickly became accustomed to Sainsburys.  I haven’t even been to the Wollaton Waitrose store so I think I must be cured.  

• Like 1

Quite honestly I prefer Sainsbury’s to Waitrose or even posh Morrison’s at Gamston! Netherfield Morrison’s is ok especially if you like to view large rear ends and tattoos. Waitrose Newark is full of people who give the impression they’ve arrived by horse!

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

I haven’t even been to the Wollaton Waitrose

Good for spotting crap numbers plates on cars taking up two spaces! & never understood why they offer FREE coffee to walk around with? What's all that about?   

Noticed in Tesco's the other day, free fruit for the "Little Ones" !  Don't those mothers get enough in benefits ? They all seem to have the latest all singing all dancing smartphones. Nothing is free, someone has to pay for it, people like me !

• Like 2

When I was a Hertfordshire ‘Waitrose Lady’ they had recently introduced mini shopping trolleys for little kids.  What a ridiculous idea that was .......... blinkin’ ’ toddlers racing up and down the aisles bashing into folks ankles.  And they were well brought-up Home Counties kids too ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They've been having them in Morrison,  Eastwood until recently. Reckon the HSE police have put a top to it.

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2018 at 8:12 PM, catfan said:

Damn mobility scooters are a pain in Bulwell.

I think you need a sense of humour to be in one of them bloody things and I think this guy has one hell of a sense of humour

P1060223.jpg

P1060224.jpg

Weird or what

Rog

• Like 2