You have a point Brew.

To be honest ... given that even the governing party is tearing itself apart over this whole issue.. I'm in favour of what might in computer terms be called a 'hard reset', or 'setting a restore point'.

In other words. we go back to a time when something resembling sanity reigned..

From there.. if we still want a referendum.. we at least frame it properly and define what we do with either outcome.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Social media - if used sensibly - is good, because it does what the name says by being the medium through which people can remain in touch with each other.... like Nottstalgia really

Qz, you have limited understanding of the issues. I suspect that statement applies to most  of the UK population.   In discussions among friends and colleagues It appears most formed their d

keyboard warriors  who think they own social media and post random stuff just for the sake of it 

From downunder, I must admit that I have limited understanding of Brexit and the issues surrounding Britain's negotiated exit from the EU.

I do recall that the people of the UK overall voted to leave the EU then I wonder why the pollies do not enact that wish.

If, as many say that the EU is like a club, then why doesn't Britain stop paying its membership and just leave and have complete separation and all that it entails and get on with life outside the EU.

Spin and "polliewaffle" is rampant here too as we approach "Super Saturday" by elections being held because many of our truth telling pollies had dual citizenship which was not allowed under our constitution, which they failed to declare or erroneously thought they had renounced.

Oz.  The problem here is that there was no definition of what 'leave' meant.  Some people thought we could just tear up our membership and walk away

Even if we leave the EU, we will still have some sort of relationship with those countries.  What is at issue is ..'What sort of relationship?'

Personally, I don't think we should ever have got to this situation.  It stems from Cameron's ineptitude and inability to lead his own party. 

What we are witnessing, is a bit of Tory infighting, being imposed upon the whole of the UK and Europe. 

It really is quite pathetic...

But very damaging.

• Upvote 1

Qz, you have limited understanding of the issues. I suspect that statement applies to most  of the UK population.

In discussions among friends and colleagues It appears most formed their decision on a single emotive  issue rather than sound reasoning. It's quite a list but most often quoted were:

Leavers:

Immigration

Stupid EU laws

Federalisation 

.Remainers

Farming subsidies

Bigger market

Better peeing out than peeing in (easily the most quoted among the remain group)

Better the devil you know

Not a exactly a significant opinion poll by any means but I have the impression few of them have a grasp of the realities, myself included.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

The problem here is that there was no definition of what 'leave' meant. 

I can't believe the UK had a referendum on staying in or leaving the EU without a definition of what leaving meant.

So it looks like it came back to spin and weasel words again.

I will stick to looking at the pictures and history of Nottingham much more rewarding

• Like 3

Oh dear Col are you upset that's unusual isn't it. and by the way I never mentioned Brexit you did.

And about funding don't forget that Cameron spent well over the odds at one go 7 million limit 9 million of taxpayers money to mail shot every house in the UK or perhaps that doesn't count......

Score draw on that one I think Col  :)

You mentioned 'referendum' first.. I mentioned the 'B' word first...

And i'm not upset.  Just a bit bemused.