• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Social media - if used sensibly - is good, because it does what the name says by being the medium through which people can remain in touch with each other.... like Nottstalgia really

Qz, you have limited understanding of the issues. I suspect that statement applies to most  of the UK population.   In discussions among friends and colleagues It appears most formed their d

keyboard warriors  who think they own social media and post random stuff just for the sake of it 

2 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

That politicians have to answer the questions put to them truthfully

I think truth can sometimes be confused with opinion, and sometimes only half truths are given, but I really wish they would just answer the question that is asked, and not some rehearsed answer to a different question.

38 minutes ago, denshaw said:

Make drivers use indicators.

I agree, but it can be difficult to know what to do when crossroads are slightly offset as at the top of our village.  Some drivers wanting to stay on the A1123 going west(ish) see it as a crossroads, therefore DON'T indicate at all.   Others indicate right then immediately left .   It's a nightmare for a pedestrian - often with children - trying to cross the road by the village Green when there's lots of traffic.  I just ignore the indicators as it's impossible to know exactly which way a car,  tractor or lorry is going to go ........  sometimes you just have to wait for a lull in the traffic before you step out into the road.

• Like 1

I would without hesitation bring a law in banning kids from pubs.

Ban any form of smoking in a public place.

Make it a criminal offence to smoke within half a mile of any hospital.

Make parents responsible for their offspring.

Immediately ban cycling on pavements.

Make "Snowflakes" illegal.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, TRD said:

This is a law in South Australia and works wll.

I live in South Australia and though it may be a law it, is not policed and not always followed, especially at roundabouts and as for the law that says you must keep left unless overtaking on roads where the speed limit is 80 kph or more it is universally ignored and hardly ever policed.

Even though it is legal to "undertake" on a multi-lane road with a speed limit of under 80 kph, after 40+ years in Oz I still feel uncomfortable doing it.

I don't know about 'middle lane hoggers' it's the constant non indicating las second lane changers that are worse !

On 7/14/2018 at 11:16 AM, DaveN said:

I'd ban the use of mobile phones on buses

Got me thinking what did folk do while seated on the bus before the tintanet & smart phones?

Sit there with a fixed gormless vacant look?

Think I prefer em on the phones?  

Can't get in it for idiots in BMW's doing over 100 !