IAN123.

Foters Wiv' Motors.

In 1974 this Brough Superior was transported to the ROF, for restoration by the apprentices.  I gather it was also worked on by Stag Furniture, then was stored for a number of years and now resides in the Industrial Museum at Wollaton Park - or did when I visited a few years ago.

174_0600_01%20Brough.jpg

174_0600_03%20Brough.jpg

Picture taken by H Tempest Ltd - and in a strange twist, Horace Tempest owned a Brough Superior in the early 1950's, registration BAU 555.  I have a family photograph of us in the car as dad obviously drove it now and again.   Most have heard of Nottingham built Brough Superior motorbikes but very few seem to know that they also manufactured a few cars.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Trent Bridge Cricket Ground,

I shall be watching England vs Pakistan tonight from Nottingham's glorious Trent Bridge Ground.

A good win against South Africa in the first match. Good to see the fans give the sandpaper duo a serve in their match against Afghanistan.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Been working there today, great atmosphere.

My brother started his apprenticeship at Brough Superior & then went to work at ROF where he finished his apprenticeship.

• Like 2

My youngest brother also did his apprenticeship at ROF, but sadly, got hit quite hard with arthritis when young and wasn't able to take up engineering as a career. 

Nottm Racing Club,1949.gettyimages-3422223-612x612.jpgmy Father knew David Hampshire..pictured at the wheel of an ERA.

Mechanics at Globe & Simpson working on an Austin Cambridgegettyimages-464506467-612x612.jpg...May 1961.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:36 AM, IAN123. said:

Nottm Racing Club,1949.gettyimages-3422223-612x612.jpgmy Father knew David Hampshire..pictured at the wheel of an ERA.

Was this taken at Gamston by any chance? Would welcome more details of the exact date and location if known. 

I have just started scanning old NSCC race programmes, initially Mallory Park.

http://www.monza.org.nz/UK_entries/entries_01.htm

From a Mallory Park race  programme  1962.  How many of you used to press your noses against the window on a Saturday but were to scared to go in?

I know the pic is Brands Hatch, not Mallory...  They used to produce the Gemini Formula Juniors - there are at least three in NZ including two still with the chequered flag nose band.

162_0423_99%20Chequered%20Flag.jpg

• Like 1

when i was little I can remember one of the Birkin family come to the factory on Gladstone street in a bright red Cord sports car with big flexible chrome exhaust pipes it looked brilliant meeowed