It's a HB, the HC lost the 'cola bottle' curves and the bonnet gained a raised spine.

Anyone know why I can't drag and drop attachments? I tried to put up pics of each but each time I get:

'There was a problem processing the uploaded file'  error

Sorry to be pedantic Brew, but it's certainly an HC. The radiator grill darker with larger, more pronounced badge centre-piece. The front edge of the bonnet has the bulge you mention which protruded, so not a straight front edge like the HB. Also the straight waistline of the HC is quite obvious, the HB had a flat side.

The bit in the middle of the grille on original post might help. Times we washed the car at Vauxhall At Clifton...never really looked....but we had a light 15 then.

We could all sing the Equals song.

Sounds a bit fishy Colin!

BTW...regarding PTP.

I had some hassle..but think i sussed it.

Google PTP..don't go straight into their logo'ed site..the Google page gives you options..click on Site Map..and type in a title. 'Corporation Gas Service Yard..Woodborough Rd.'

Your old place came up...i will post later mate.The Map and Magnifying option is a nightmare and "shopping Basket" driven...ian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Pianoman said:

The picture is of an HB Viva. This is an HC below. Quite different

2ptor5v.jpg

Well, no, they're actually very similar, especially at a distance as in the pic. One obvious difference though is the bottom of the rear window. The HC above is flat, the HB is wavy. If you look at the picture, through the windscreen of the Avenger next to it, you will see a flat rear window. You may need to enlarge the pic or see the original PTP pic.

• Like 1

TBI you're right, I had the wrong end of the stick, or rather I was  looking at the wrong picture, (the one Oztalgian posted). The one with the bonnet up is indeed  a Viva HC.

mea culpa

2 hours ago, Brew said:

TBI you're right, I had the wrong end of the stick, or rather I was  looking at the wrong picture, (the one Oztalgian posted). The one with the bonnet up is indeed  a Viva HC.

mea culpa

Wrong picture for me as well !!

Oh goody, I don't feel quite such an idiot now...  :blush:

Notts Ye Olde Bell Hotel was the only UK checkpoint in the 1959 Monte Carlo Rally.Cars-4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

Notts Ye Olde Bell Hotel

At Barnby Moor near Retford, now an upmarket restaurant and spa, still recognisable from the 1959 photo

Image result for ye olde bell hotel nottinghamshire

• Like 1

Great pic Ian, a line up when the cars still looked just like the cars that you saw every day except for the rally plaques and number roundels.

I like the rather understated advertising for Aspro!

Only been to The Bell once when I was Best Man at a friend's wedding reception and Mrs C was the Bridesmaid. The wedding ceremony had been at Wellow church. That was October 1967.

• Like 1

I well remember when the Lombard RAC Rally terminated at Wollaton Park in the late 70's or early 80's.

I was most disappointed that the cars had been cleaned up and doctored. I wanted to see them caked in mud, with dents a bits hanging off ! Everything has to be sanitised.

62372.1.640.640.UNPAD.jpgI don't know what bodywork name that was..but i do recall a purple and black one knocking about the Lace Market..think this is Bellar Gate 

Commer went to Dodge..and then Chrystler?

Commer 2500 with  coach built bodywork, "Gownvan" sought by market traders etc. van fitted out with cloth hanging rails in the back !

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 11:49 AM, Brew said:

It's a HB, the HC lost the 'cola bottle' curves and the bonnet gained a raised spine.

Anyone know why I can't drag and drop attachments? I tried to put up pics of each but each time I get:

'There was a problem processing the uploaded file'  error

You have to use an image hosting site like Post Image or similar !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IAN123. said:

62372.1.640.640.UNPAD.jpgI don't know what bodywork name that was..but i do recall a purple and black one knocking about the Lace Market..think this is Bellar Gate 

Commer went to Dodge..and then Chrystler?

These vans were much sought after cos you could walk straight in the back being so low only one step needed.

• Like 1

Nottm Sailing Club...1960s.CNV00023.jpgIs that a DB2?..Anglia, Herald, Minor.

Triumph Mayflower is under wraps..

• Like 1

Municipal Transport Garage, Arnold .Ambulance_0089.jpgCouncil and Emergency services repair and outfitter.Mini, Zephyr, Bedfords and Austins.

• Like 1

chapel8_zpsf9jqcxky.jpgBarclays on one side and The Equitable on the other...shows the times we live in...both are gone..and if a Bank hasn't closed...then it's a pub called the bank.

Upper Parliament St.A Simca tucked behind the Marina (both probably heading for Atlas Spares)Renault, Anglia and a Cortina mk.3.

• Like 2

Atlas Spares was that the one on Park Lane, they use to keep my motors running as well.

• Like 1