Rita Hebden, 327 Perry Road, Basford

Hi,

I’m looking for people who knew my grandma, Rita Hebden, in the 1950s. She passed away last year and I’m trying to piece together information about her life. I’d be so grateful if anyone could help me.

Thanks,

Charlotte 

Thanks for replying. She had a brother called Ken and 2 sisters called Kathleen and Eileen (they have all passed away now). I know she worked at Joseph Camm Farms then later on Rampton Hospital. Her occupation on my mum’s birth certificate was short hand typist - she did a secretarial course in Nottingham apparently. Not sure about where she went to school, I’ll try to find out. I’m not sure how long she was in Basford for, I know she moved to Retford at the end of the 50s/start of the 60s.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry don't know the lady but from your info , this could be the children of  John Wood Hebden born 1891 and Annie E Perkins born 1896 who married Dec quarter 1917 in Southwell district  . Does a birth for Rita of 1934 look about right ? if so the family were living at " Sherwood ,Wilham Road , East Retford " IN 1939 . (Suspect that should be Welham Road).

Surname 

First name(s)  Mother  District  Vol  Page 

Births Jun 1918   (>99%)
Hebden  John C  Perkins  E. Retford  7b 23  btnInfo.gif Scan available - click to view

Births Sep 1919   (>99%)
Hebden  Mary E  Perkins  E.Retford  7b 19  btnInfo.gif Scan available - click to view

Births Mar 1921   (>99%)
Hebden  Kenneth  Perkins  E.Retford  7b 20  btnInfo.gif Scan available - click to view

Births Jun 1922   (>99%)
Hebden  Kathleen  Perkins  E.Retford  7b 16  btnInfo.gif Scan available - click to view

Births Jun 1923   (>99%)
Hebden  Marguerita  Perkins  E.Retford  7b 18  btnInfo.gif Scan available - click to view

Births Jun 1934   (>99%)
Hebden  Rita A  Perkins  E.Retford  7b 11  btnInfo.gif Scan available - click to view

Hi,

Thanks for your reply - yes that’s them. Rita had my mum in 1954 and she was adopted. There’s no info about who the birth father was so I’m hoping I can find someone who knew Rita at the time who might remember something - I know it’s a long shot but worth a try! 

I assume you have seen your mothers birth certificate from 1954 and the fathers name has been left blank ? 

13 hours ago, Ccraigie said:

I’m hoping I can find someone who knew Rita at the time who might remember something - I know it’s a long shot but worth a try! 

May be your only hope .

It's worth checking into this site periodically . Sometimes messages can be answered years after the original post .

Just entering "Hebden" in the search box should bring up the message or click on the "notify me of replies" button (if you haven't already).

P.S. A Dilks family were living at 327 Perry Rd in 1949 .

Of course may have nothing to do with Rita and may have moved out before 1954 .