Rubbish, rubbish and more rubbish.

I was born and raised in Radford mid 1950's and remained until I was 21. Had a few years away at Hucknall and then moved back to Radford/Bobbers Mill until 2000 when I went to live out in the sticks near Southwell. Initially I visitted Nottingham frequently but gradually spent more time in Newark and since the A46 was improved visit Lincoln frequently and my visits to Nottingham dropped away.

I went into nottingham today to visit relatives in Radford and was appalled by the rubbish everywhere. Furniture fridges etc randomly dumped and fast food wrappers plastic cups and general dross everywhere. Quite disgusting. We then went into the city and again I was shocked at the rubbish in the streets. Not a bit but copious amounts right in the centre. I don't know if it's people with no pride at all throwing it everywhere or the cut backs mean the council are not cleaning up so much.  I suspect the former in large measure and the latter to some extent. 

Having been away for some time it's not been a pleasant return. 

• Upvote 2
38 minutes ago, letsavagoo said:

I was born and raised in Radford mid 1950's and remained until I was 21. Had a few years away at Hucknall and then moved back to Radford/Bobbers Mill until 2000

Even in your old place, Grimston Road. Outdoor seating.

XahKOwA.jpg

• Like 1

I have happy memories of walking down here to school and hearing the clank of galvanised buckets as the door steps were scrubbed daily. Very sad to see it now.

29 minutes ago, letsavagoo said:

I have happy memories of walking down here to school and hearing the clank of galvanised buckets as the door steps were scrubbed daily. Very sad to see it now.

One of them could've been my grandma.

There's always an abundance of street cleaners / litter collectors about. It's just that it's a never ending job trying to keep on top of it. 

It must be the most soul destroying job imaginable !

ANY morning !

11 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

One of them could've been my grandma.

I was there from 1955 to 1971. So walking to school 1960 to 1970. I always walked on the odd number side and crossed near the bottom. So if she was there then I would have no don't walked past your grandma.

11 hours ago, Bubblewrap said:

The settee was probably waiting collection by the council  

No I doubt it. A friend lives on Woodstock Avenue, Radford and some stuff put out seems to disappear after a few days. She tells me the Eastern Europeans carry it away.  Cheap chip wood furniture can be there months rotting away. 

3 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

I was there from 1955 to 1971. So walking to school 1960 to 1970. I always walked on the odd number side and crossed near the bottom. So if she was there then I would have no don't walked past your grandma.

My grandparents lived at 61 Grimston. They were there from the late 1930s until the mid 70s, so you almost certainly saw them at some time.

perhaps its time for a new "keep Britain tidy campaign " the old one has stayed with me for life

Every time you walk past a pub entrance there are those who are trying to commit suicide by puffing on the fags, that's bad enough but the pavement gets covered in fag ends !

• Like 2

I still love to wind the shop assistants up in Tesco fag counter by asking "How much yer Superkings" ?  "£9.84 sir, how many" ? Oh I don't want any I'm just seeing how much money I'm saving !  smile2

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

isn,t it about a £600 fine for chucking a pong stick nub away in  Nottingham city centre?

1 hour ago, catfan said:

I still love to wind the shop assistants up in Tesco fag counter by asking "How much yer Superkings" ?  "£9.84 sir, how many" ? Oh I don't want any I'm just seeing how much money I'm saving !  smile2

Ask about capstan full strength

and save even more money :P

• Like 1