When our Rhodesian Ridgeback was only 12 months old my husband took her on the Coast to Coast Walk.  Poor little girl got sore feet and he had to buy a big pack of baby socks to protect her pads.  Bless her, the best dog in the whole wide world, she lived to the grand old age of 14.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Beautiful photo Mick......just love Cats....we have 4........Lilly,,phoebe,,Stan and Albert,, the latter two are big gingers and look like twins......but are no relation.......one was a stray and the other Stan'' the daughter got from a Pakistani gentleman hence the name.........lol

• Like 3

I found him in our kitchen late one night having a scoff, couldn't turn him out, Sue topped the cat food up & we went to bed & left him to it !

We sadly said goodbye to him fifteen years later.

Such a gentle lad.

• Like 2
Just now, benjamin1945 said:

Beautiful photo Mick......just love Cats....we have 4........Lilly,,phoebe,,Stan and Albert,, the latter two are big gingers and look like twins......but are no relation.......one was a stray and the other Stan'' the daughter got from a Pakistani gentleman hence the name.........lol

Mrs C & I swear blind, strays make the best pets, they are so grateful for taking em in when they have nowhere else to go !

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Break ya bleddy hearts do'nt they,,...........Lilly is 15 now,,a grumpy old girl,, bought her in a Pet shop in Codnor 2003,,as nowt to do do with anyone else......but follows me everywhere..........me best mate,, sat under me chair as i write this........................

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, catfan said:

Mrs C & I swear blind, strays make the best pets, they are so grateful for taking em in when they have nowhere else to go !

Our cat"Marmite" turned up in our outside loo when we lived in Loughborough.
We've had her for six years now

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Cats know when a couple are splitting or moving house etc...we ended up with 4!

King arrived because the couple on Lawton were always arguing!

When me and Donna moved house in 85'' we had been feeding a Cat from a few doors away,, on the day of moving she climbed in my Car and would'nt get out,, so we took her with us....she gave us 15 years of pleasure.........

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Our last cat was called Kravitz,he followed my husband every where,he would wait by the back door as he saw my husband getting ready to go up the garden(the garden is uphill and nearly half an acre),when the cat saw that my husband had got all he needed he would race up the garden and wait.When i shouted that dinner was ready,down they would both come.He was an amazing cat,one night he jumped on the bed and kept patting me on the cheek until i followed him downstairs into where i had left a candle burning!..another time he kept going to the washing machine then back to me...the washing machine had a leak and we  hadnt noticed!

When my husband died,it wasnt long before the cat followed.Theres loads more about Kravitz he was wonderful.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
On July 24, 2018 at 3:17 PM, catfan said:

Gus was just like that with me & Monty with Sue !

Some days I would love a cat or two here again !

Well you know the answer to that one Mick.  I'm sure there's plenty looking for a nice residence.  ;)

• Like 2

He would love it in Bulwell catfan,, can just see you and Sue walking down Main street with him...........lol

• Like 2

url=https://postimg.cc/image/534hf9ooz/]P_20170516_145552_001.jpg[/url]

This is Homer. He lives at Cat Rescue. He's just one of those cats everyone who meets him loves instantly...including me! If he ever disappears, they need look no further than my house!

• Like 3

A few years back was feeling stressed with the business we had,, and took off to the Isle of man for a few days by myself,, loved the place for relaxation but the best part of my break was two hours in a Cats sanctuary,,so relaxing,,obviously Cats all over the place just chilling...could have stayed there...............

• Like 4