IAN123.

All Kinds of Everything.

NOT_RVM_2008_01.jpgNice 1960's image of the Village Green,

if i ever was to return to Nottingham- it'd be no nearer to the City than Ruddington...pictured here.

• Like 1

15922240640_b62dc81c07_b.jpgSciv might have shunted for these?..

A Placketts unit & trailor...would the 3300 pull yer' out of bed ?

• Like 1

You're having a pint last night in Car Colston....bit warm..up poles to The Royal Oak a late 40's Alvis..in blue.

With hearing no Max Romeo from the cockpit..presumed it were'nt Siddah.

Nice photos...but can't upload..

14 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Sciv might have shunted for these?..

A Placketts unit & trailor...would the 3300 pull yer' out of bed ?

Just about, on a good day !

• Like 1

Two of Arnold in a sixties summer.i285134164442445585._szw1280h1280.jpgOld Tom Turners Hardware Stall.i285134164442437025._szw1280h1280.jpgOrgill Stores and Merrins Bike Shop.

• Like 1

Shame about The 'Quinn Martin' voice..but this trailer gives  even the fly on the wall a swat..and Johnny Dankworth's music?.. spot on !

• Like 1

Den mentioned Churches..Clements have had a habit of moving / using Churches.castle_boul_clements.jpgThe old tin chapel around Castle Boulevard.

• Like 1

Wasn't  until i watched a TV programme recently..(the fella with the luton van and cap...snapping up heirlooms for pence..) i recalled this place..a good few years after Peveril i sat at Wilford..flask of oxo...waiting for a bite.

Times i went past this place...and wondered what went off inside.Walsall_Conduits_1946_JR.jpgFactories in Bristol also..like the Cremorne ..a distant memory.images_23.jpgimages_23.jpg

• Like 1

Busy day..seem to talk, meet and ring more ex- Nostalgians than serving ones!

Nice e-mail from my Bus friend..some man for one man...may this hot spell last..bring back these bad boys!600e560a08073b00bea40db5b1f85116.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry to see this fellow depart...Paul Madeley..only 73.a5164f6f6038578199dcba22aecc7a0c.jpgHe was a true footy hero of mine.

RIP Paul.."The Rolls Royce"...the late Don Revie christened him.

• Like 1

Nice to see that Beechdale Bruiser Wally Swift got remembered.1838532.jpg.Twice Welter weight champion..got a bus named after him!Wally-_Swift-_Bus-and-_Family_previewjpe

• Like 1

Remember him when I was a school kid, like you say Ian he lived on Beechdale Road, good boxer !

• Like 1

Any offers?!!

C30_D0_C4_C-_E29_A-4228-_BC56-3750940_E6

• Like 2

Think i saw a bout years ago ..was his Son at a fund raising fight...Dave Bartram and Romeo Challenger from

Showaddywaddy sat next to me.

• Like 1

Just remebered a few weeks ago on a coach trip got talking to a bloke who spent all his working life apart from National Service working at Raleigh & he knew Wally Swift, who also worked at Raleigh !

Small world !

• Like 1

1962 Lizzie,,that Autograph would be about the same time i used to serve his family at Marsden's lower Parliament street..........they used to live in Sneinton..........

• Upvote 1

M10_C-64-1000x1000.jpgKTV 336, Photographs like this..typify my childhood / youth memories..the More O'Farrell poster hoardings.. with that grey screening.

'Go To Work On An Egg'..like 'Drinka Pinta Milka' and 'Cool It' for Corona. That Bauhaus style windows that seemed everywhere..the whine of a Regent..( OZ.)..even our Terrys eggs advert. It was an education having nowt'.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

1962 Lizzie,,that Autograph would be about the same time i used to serve his family at Marsden's lower Parliament street..........they used to live in Sneinton..........

I was 12 years old and down Trent Bridge with my Dad, a regular occurrence in those days.  It was probably a Test Match.  Dad was pointing out various celebrities and I ran over to get their autographs in my new Autograph Book! 

That same day I collared Tommy Lawton, Reg Simpson and John Arlott, also Edna Valentine who wrote in my book that she was Capt Midlands Cricket Association v Australia, Trent Bridge 1951.   Unusual in those days, nearly 70 years ago, for women to play cricket, I personally loved the game, still do, and played on the street with the local lads when I was a kid,  but there was no opportunity to go further as a gal :(

On another page I have the Notts team 1962 but don’t recognise any names other than Reg Simpson. 

• Like 2

I went to see Vincent Furnier many many years ago..not long left College.

This and Under My Wheels are special...in the sense of me patching my jeans and my late Mum..coming in for a listen.

Julie Covington did a credible version..i did enjoy Rock Follies then.

Two Nottingham Photos during WW1.NOTTINGHAM-_RP-_Motor-cars-outside-the-eAt the side of the Exchange Building..crude but stirring sign for our young boys.a-nottingham-factory-during-world-war-onMen in a local factory weaving straw basket shell casings.

SS Edmund Fitzgerald sank November 10th, 1975. Twenty nine souls all lost including Cpt.McCauley.Vents and hatches let in water and the storm took her to the bottom..15 nautical miles from a place i have fished...Whitefish Bay.

This song fully captures the sadness.

• Like 1

Smorgasbord job this one:6f81f9e3fffe48a3bfe2da4614200ded.jpg

Church Street meets Vernon Rd. The Regent now vanished petrol station backed onto John Fox Autos in my time...opposite Alan Pond.Need Catfans wagon wonder here...is that Trader from Windfields? Looks like a loaded ERF chugging over the bridge. Oh yeah!...the Trolleybus..L Plates and 'Not on Service'.

• Like 1

Eagle eyed Carltoners might recognise this..bit before my time ..Cresta?NCCC002743-1.jpg

I Don't See These Anymore!6a7e41e91556f39f47a4c72619845dfe.jpgWhen i was on pylons..i ate fags, call into Gauntleys or the place on Market St near Brentnalls and stock up for the week..serious ciggies these.

I calmed down a bit and this became my brand of choice..part of my 5 a day images_25.jpg

TY002628-1000x1000.jpgwhat a great shot!..just capturing a lull in the busy day of Nottm Vic...as usual rail buffs...this angle has nicely caught Howard and Rick Street ...as well as the sidings against the engineering brick wall that flanked this side of Glasshouse St.

• Like 1