IAN123.

All Kinds of Everything.

2 hours ago, jonab said:

do remember my emotions that day - great sadness, almost to the point of tears, that I was leaving the place that I had known forever plus a great relief as I had premonitions of things to come in the area I had been living (Sherwood Rise). These premonitions did materialise soon afterwards with the Hyson Green riots and associated mayhem.

I know exactly what you mean, jonab. I felt the same when I moved away from the area. My roots were there and my maternal family's roots had been there for over a century...when it was a very different place.

Next year, along with a visit to Berridge, I'm going to have a look at a few other places in the locality, including Garden Street and the Manning site. I may regret it because of the changes which won't have been for the better but I'll always have my memories and nothing can change them.

I seem to remember there was a decent scrapyard somewhere round the back of that garage. Can't quite think where it was.

Back up the hill where the Bus just come from was the scrapyard,,still there i believe TBI,,

Why does Les Newcombe ring a loud bell with me ?

• Like 1

Think that eye-sore is still there,, its the other side of the Railway tracks to the Scrapyard.................

14 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Never mind the Norway doodah!...4739737066-8518a78e66-z.jpgone of these.

if this is the one in Berlin been there got a tea shirt. When I was  there  a US Marin was on guard even though the wall had been demolished you can always trust the yanks?

I liked the Nelson on top of Hockley...decent pint.

img192.jpgThe Lounge on Shakespeare St.and this place held World Snooker finals with Joe Davis way back when.

• Like 1