IAN123.

All Kinds of Everything.

Whitemore Prison,,nr Chatteris,,did some work there,,and bought a Transit Van,  £200,,

• Like 1

Now i do like this..me old stamping ground.53950-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgDated around 1951?..given the Clifton Webb film showing at The Mechanics.

Jones's across the way..great for Beech Nut and PK gum..even in my day. I don't recall the Mechanics..but have memories of the New Mechanics Institute being built...and it's neighbouring shops...including Haslans and Babels...i'll leave the two motors to my friend Willow..

The tower lettering had gone well before the Station was demolished.

• Like 1

Wash day on Salisbury Street ..Norman is on the mangle..and Shirley Ann is pegging out!salisbury-st-1960-02.jpg

• Like 1

Compo will be pleased i still have the badge..1d58b2e0f6f1235726695dad2def8c21.jpgAlas no bar...gadzooks they were nice!!

• Like 1

I did enjoy Crackerjack..especially my era with Don Mclean..chuckles..drop a cabbage..never42bcf56cf3c096e68925ad3d620b43a9-pin-bad

• Like 1

Saying NO to recreational drugs is big with me..and have drilled it into my kids.

Tom Walker reinforces this with this anti drug message within his song.

Have voted him as best newcomer.

• Like 3

Cheers Ian. I ask because I remember talk about evacuation when I was a nipper. I would be 4 in 1942 when living in Peveril St. Maybe it only applied to the City centre? Wonder where the kids went to? Maybe Pipewood Camp.

This is the first wave leaving Midland Station..in 1939...Sheffield kids came to Bingham..other youngsters went to Mansfield..wasn't Bill Wyman( Perks) sent to Mansfield from Penge in London.evacuees-leaving-midland-st.jpgevacuation..first wave -1939.evacuation-map.jpg

Now i know where them ridiculous robins came from..pinched the idea from  'It's A Knockout'..product-2.jpgup and under..

• Like 1

I have always liked Paul Smiths clothes ..and the Birdcage set ..and their clothes..great quality...Pauls online prices are good.73764d3dc9a4a413b9db78ba6c31db88-the-bir

• Like 1

Wesley Magoogan just plays so sweetly on this..as he did for The Beat..

I went to a showing of this many years ago in London..thru' Trouser Press.

Chatted to Dodie Fayed..the producer..not having a clue who he was..nice bloke...i was on MD 20/20 all night.

• Like 1

Is / was Franchise terrace off Gladstone st? I recall the name,but I'm bu&&ered  if I can place it.

On 1/20/2019 at 3:35 AM, IAN123. said:

Compo will be pleased i still have the badge..1d58b2e0f6f1235726695dad2def8c21.jpgAlas no bar...gadzooks they were nice!!

Cadbury's answer to the Mars bar. Shame they didn't catch on. Yep they were nice. 

On 1/22/2019 at 5:23 PM, IAN123. said:

I did enjoy Crackerjack..especially my era with Don Mclean..chuckles..drop a cabbage..never42bcf56cf3c096e68925ad3d620b43a9-pin-bad

Thought Nottinghamian Lesley Crowther and Peter Glaze were brilliant in the early 60s. They had some great bands on the show back then. 

The Christmas shows were fantastic.

Did you know Ronnie Corbett started his career on Crackerjack?

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 10:27 PM, IAN123. said:

Missed the TV version of Up The Junction..but Peter Collinson did a great movie.Mike D'Abo was a great replacement.

I ordered this soundtrack from the 'new' Broad Marsh shop..£5.79!

Loved this film. Portrayed the era so well. I also love Spring & Port Wine.

The 60s black &  white kitchen sink drama films are always a good watch. How the world has changed.

• Like 1