IAN123.

All Kinds of Everything.

Spring and port wine is terrific..James Mason and that piece of fish!

The Family Way was another gem.

RR tossed this hand grenade last year..30073627-2148215151861406-52663645204888The Old Dog & Partridge..Wards are painting.. the special Trolleybus is present..nice walk thru' van..scaffolds up at the PSMC...so it's '66..bit early for the Pine Cabin then?

• Like 3

1927/1966 what's that all about? 

• Like 2

I think it's the time that the trolley buses were running, start to finish!!

• Like 1

The old dog picture, three up, the health & safety inspector would be having kittens? 

• Like 2

Yeah..but your ladder fall will be cushioned by the Monday Club..Curry Club ..smokers having cigs outside..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IAN123. said:

RR tossed this hand grenade last year..30073627-2148215151861406-52663645204888The Old Dog & Partridge..Wards are painting.. the special Trolleybus is present..nice walk thru' van..scaffolds up at the PSMC...so it's '66..bit early for the Pine Cabin then?

A a 17 year old I drove a Commer Walkthrough the same as that one, lethal in the wet.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 9:34 AM, Mess said:

Loved this film. Portrayed the era so well. I also love Spring & Port Wine.

The 60s black &  white kitchen sink drama films are always a good watch. How the world has changed.

Last broadcast, i can recall 1991 on C4 ! Got the DVD 15 years later

• Like 1

Talking Pictures showed it last year HSR..BBC2 used to be brilliant for showing films like Z, Kes, I Start Counting, The Offence, The Family Way..Alex Cox and his MovieDrome choices!

• Like 1

First saw it C4 very late at night about 1985..maybe not C4 second time but 1991 is correct..& you say 2017..hmm.. three times in 32 years! There's a couple of films I saw forty plus years ago! Still waiting for a re broadcast! :mellow:

I've just read it and in some perverse way I have to agree with him that the planet will be better off without us lot buggering it all up.

He wants to sue his parents for bringing him into the world without his permission and thereby condemning him to a life of work and responsibilities he doesn't want.

Interesting concept and I expect his parents, both lawyers, will now counter sue him for being born and forcing the responsibility and financial burden of a child on them.

The man is an idiot, if anything he should be grateful to his parents. I know a lot of people over here in India that are truly suffering through no fault of their own!!.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brew said:

I've just read it and in some perverse way I have to agree with him that the planet will be better off without us lot buggering it all up.

He wants to sue his parents for bringing him into the world without his permission and thereby condemning him to a life of work and responsibilities he doesn't want.

Interesting concept and I expect his parents, both lawyers, will now counter sue him for being born and forcing the responsibility and financial burden of a child on them.

Quite agree that if there were 80% less of us, this planet would be excellent.

How can you sue someone for conceiving you without your consent? Sounds a bit Thomas Aquinas to me.  Abstract philosophy. On the other hand, you can't bring a counter action for a situation which arose from your own contributory negligence. 

Shan't be suing my parents. They are in a higher court than I. Wonder if that means the Judge isn't senile? I rest my case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

can't bring a counter action for a situation which arose from your own contributory negligence

LOL... actually you can:                    The Law Reform (Contributory Negligence) Act 1945

Three images that evoke Nottingham memories..memories that i try and reflect through my photographs, comments and posts.

Typical 50's , 60's and 70's that i hope stir up nostalgic feelings and thus reflecting in members and viewers alike - joining in and adding to the evolving catalyst...that is this site...At least that's why i enrolled...and have thoroughly appreciated help and advice and correction and encouragement.33720373-2216083181741269-14343456160198The Market Square, 1949..the antithesis of Nottm and my feelings.41195639-2404384949577757-69522048927819Collectivley..everything in one image..Fairham kids, Penny Farthing, fashion and flares..fun.41844798-2417628961586689-91779466416661Mount Street Bus Station: a vivid image reminding most that we did'nt all have cars, and was most folks point of entrance and exit ( along with Huntington Street) to our City .

Images like these are tangible ways of expressing my very fabric.

This is how i contribute to this site..and  harness the same feelings towards mankind...and it will always be thus.

• Like 6

I've lived and worked all over the UK, Nottingham remains one of the very best memories, that's the sixties for you !, all these old photo's remind of my City days, only 8 years, but great memories - keep the photo's coming !

• Like 4

• Like 1

The picture of the boys with the Penny Farthing reminds me of my time at Fairham school, not sure whether thats the penny farthing but one was built at Fairham during my time there, the master in charge of the project was Stan Bullard, at the time he seemed like a giant of a man,very tall to us small pupils,good engineer and an inspiration to many school boys myself included, I have fond memories of Stan riding that Penny farthing along the walkway between to the bottom playground and the top playground, thanks for posting that picture Ian, as with many of your pictures they are a great reminder of times long gone and forgotten

Rog

• Like 3

Yours or borrowed photos, have seen quite a few before. You can't be that famous.

Then there are those who never ever post anything to do with nottstalgia only make snide comments to the posters who do.

• Like 1