IAN123.

All Kinds of Everything.

46 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Yours or borrowed photos, have seen quite a few before. You can't be that famous.

Hi NonnB

I agree I have most of the photos in old mags eg Time to Remember, Bygones, old Nottingham post, and old books of Nottingham. They were from when my father was alive and they cover all these photos that turn up on OUR site.

On the subject of hot air...Im18891213-Eng-Smith6.jpgYou'd need a bit of steam to drive these!

Nautical steam whistles..for ya' tug.

Times i went for snap..when a hooter sounded..was Gardner/ Merchant the canteen Company.

• Like 1

Only an observation, snide comments aren't in my character.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A blue plaque proudly displays that occasion..anyone lucky enough to have been there?plaque.jpg

• Like 1

I always admired Pearson Bros.for placing this 3 storey glass front onto it's new section.14372274-1451222598227335-84192087932677Had a great record Dept...memories of that Corgi toy cabinet that rotated when you pressed the button..James Bond Aston or the Green Hornets car.

Anyone recall Pearsons hanging up the Mona Lisa in the 70's?

Fake of course..Les on the lift trying to cod us that it was real..happy days 

• Like 2

Bought some 'new' old stuff recently...long before Frampton & Walsh...Pete was wowing 'em!

• Like 1

Pete Farries from Beeston built this..a man of motoring talent.jon-pertwee-actor-in-whomobile-car-seen-..Dr.Who liked it too!

• Like 1