IAN123.

All Kinds of Everything.

52246-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgConfused .com

I think this is South Sherwood..and Taylors factory mill is being demolished. Further on is/ was Central Library?...willow..any help?

I would agree, S Sherwood st.

YWCA building in the distance.

Although I think it's a bit early for the demolition, the wall was demolished first according to the aerial pic in the Newton thread.

• Like 1

I always used to mix this fella up with the Sweetcorn man..kids eh?images-4.jpg

Green Cross Code Man was Dave Prowse, who went on to play Darth Vader. They had to use James Earl Jones' voice though, as Darth wouldn't have sounded quite so menacing with a Bristolian accent.

• Like 1

He got an easy job I reckon, couldn't see him or hear him, could have been anybody. Must have been a bit hot in that suit I suppose.

• Like 1

Didn't know he was from Bristol..i recall him as the beefcake in A Clockwork Orange.

• Like 1

Whitemore Prison,,nr Chatteris,,did some work there,,and bought a Transit Van,  £200,,

• Like 1

Now i do like this..me old stamping ground.53950-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgDated around 1951?..given the Clifton Webb film showing at The Mechanics.

Jones's across the way..great for Beech Nut and PK gum..even in my day. I don't recall the Mechanics..but have memories of the New Mechanics Institute being built...and it's neighbouring shops...including Haslans and Babels...i'll leave the two motors to my friend Willow..

The tower lettering had gone well before the Station was demolished.

• Like 1