IAN123.

All Kinds of Everything.

I've just asked my Daughter( 20 )..she hasn't a clue who is N0.1 never mind the Top.10...so many great songs all at one time."i'm qualified to satisfy"..Big Barry.

• Like 1

^^^^Don't know whether to laugh or cry at that^^^^

• Like 1

My old ma wanted dad to take her to see that when it came out. She loved her ballroom.

• Like 3

When I drove for phone a car I picked him up from Theatre Royal and took him to the Albany on Maid Marion way, that was 1978, wonder if that picture was at the same time?

On 8/27/2018 at 1:48 PM, philmayfield said:

Oh my god. Just looked at a photo of a pilonidal abscess. No more Morgan’s for me Jonab!

Have decided not to look it up...... Ignorance as they say is bliss.

Staying in to wash me hair:

Done all the jobs listed..got a playlist on the go.

'ark at Kenny Rogers here.

Nice parking too. You don't see that in today's supermarket car park, all the "Full time mummies" are far too busy to learn how to park properly !

• Like 1

As a school kid..the Ford Capri..was a game changer..1968?..used to see them being delivered at Hooleys..bit of trouble caused by me!

...Another day for that one.

• Like 1

hd4_BS0_C.jpgTraffic Duty in Theatre Sq.

Martins Bank and Parliament House Pub..on the left.Minsons Curtains and Pearts Bakery shop occupy the Westminster Building.

• Like 4

That picture has bought back more memories Ian, my best mate Brian (no longer with us) was driving upto Theatre square and that or another policeman was on point duty, Brian trying to drive his car as careful and as safe as possible caught the bottom of the pedestal the policeman was standing on knocking him off,the policeman landing in a heap in the road, Brian got the biggest rollicking he ever had from a policeman. just to add,Brian was fully licenced to drive his car, I guess this would be mid 60's

Rog

• Like 2

That batch of Leyland Atlanteans replaced our Daimlers at Bulwell when service 43 &75 became one man operated, about 76 time.

Good buses.

• Like 2

A couple of things i've noticed in these early 1970's photo..the people in them are of a reasonable weight and elderly..when Thatchers axe fell..the photos in the 80's are of young jobless blobs.

• Like 1

In Barbers like this, it seemed a predominantly male place..nudey books or Commando Comics, smell of Vitalis and hairspray,combs and lighters held on cards with elastic,hopeless out of date hair style sample images,dustpan and brush, hair covered lino, radio too low, inane chatter , alright at the back and something for the weekend?tumblr_pe2ts8q_U851qd2yqto1_1280.jpgDaves..on Mansfield Rd. Now closing..Bernard is the real deal.

• Like 1