Nottingham Nightclubs In '80's & 90's

Thanks Dave..i have seen that...i stopped frequenting clubs quite early...the doorstaff were worse than the drunk punters.

We started doing olde pubs like The Loggerheads orThe Johnsons Arms..or pop quizs at Top Spot or The Punch Bowl.

Some shocking journalism, Liberty's was not a nightclub, Cookie club never moved into Pieces, they where two different venues, Pieces is now Arriba, Camelot Club rubbed out of Nottingham history & Bridlesmith Gate, stopped reading halfway down, before the iPad hits the telly.

Mostly finished Night clubbing back in the 80s..........did make a couple of excursions into ''Clubs'' in town to see if i could still pull,,but soon found out i could'nt.....all the girls seemed so young.....mind you,, still did alright down the old Palais''......BTW  was single at the time.......soon got snapped up again :rolleyes: lol

9 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

all the girls seemed so young.....mind you,, still did alright down the old Palais''......BTW  was single at the time.......soon got snapped up again :rolleyes: lol

Can't resist a bloke with a liberty bodice, us females!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Agreed Radford Red, Cookie Club was Pelham Until St James's St watched a video years ago, they said move was 1990, more like '95

Anyway, reason I searched this out, was there a club that had  spiral staircase in the lace market? Was thinking Beetroot but memory did a virtual tour & not sure!

After going through the door large wooden bar on the right, staircase beyond, on the left a row of leather sofas, had a bare wooden floor.

Now this is where I think my confusion kicks in, the upstairs could be accessed from both sides, from the left, you were greeted by a row of seats with round ultra violet tables, to the right a bar, with a narrow walk space in between.

Another flight of stairs downstairs that I don't recall being spiral on the right.

Hope somebody"s still reading this, directly ahead was a very small space, could have been a dancefloor for about 10 people max, the space carved out of the rock.

Forgot to mention, this was about '95

Too much waffling mind by me there, apologies..

Should have said does anybody remember a nightclub with a spiral staircase? and possibly the same place..

A small cave that was used as a dancefloor?

Was Pieces the club that had Trad' Spanish dancing lessons on the top floor?

Different premises from above..stated below..

Prior to being the new cookie i recall it being selective and focused on the dance all-nighter scene. About '93.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Although I was too young, there was next to the showcase cinema which was built the Black Orchid which I think got on the telly a few times for the Hitman and her. On the same side was Browns bakery which has since gone which was on the edge of the round about underneath the over pass, it also had Makro and Hyperama , I think John Players was down there. In town there was a nightclub owned by Barry Noble, who had Noble amusements.... I do wonder if I remembering the name correctly.