Freedom of speech

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Col ‘defends’ homosexuals as they are born that way. I accept that’s probably true and as long as they do whatever they do behind closed doors I’m fine with that. What about kleptomaniacs? They can’t help what they do either. That’s another aberration from what we consider to be the norm. They get fined or locked up if they’re caught at it though. How long before that’s legalised and we see parades of shoplifters proudly marching through the City with their gaily coloured banners - probably led by the Mayor and the Sheriff. :biggrin:

The difference of course being that homosexuality is legal.  I doubt very much whether overt sexual acts in public by homosexuals or heterosexuals would be tolerated and there are many laws which could be invoked. (Public order, Breach of the Peace. etc...)

Theft isn't. legal, in public or in private.

• Like 1
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have two good friends in our village who are lesbians - I don't particularly like using that term as they are just nice people who happen to love each other and are fully committed to being a family

'Telling me that i'm not really over you'  lol.   Welcome Loppy, Jill, and Plantfit. We missed you all miducks.

Loppy is still lurking around the dog house.  Not doing much barking these days.  Been spending quite a bit of time barking with various organist's about the relative merits of different capture actio

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

as long as they do whatever they do behind closed doors I’m fine with that.

I have to agree with you on that, I would probably go further, maybe because I am a bit of a prude, I believe all people should keep their sexual activities behind closed doors.

I personally think this topic has gone far enough and posters should post more nottstalgia.

• Like 5
23 hours ago, Brew said:

For example, I mentioned earlier about ‘cultural appropriation’. I had never heard the expression until I saw it in print and immediately thought it a load of rubbish.

Now we see Coldplay, Beyonce, Micelle Williams and Lady Gaga among others severely criticised  for it. What was their crime? Wearing  clothes and having a hair style usually associated with different culture to their own.

Full agreement with you on that Brew.  But for real cultural appropriation.. check this out.  The girl is Polly Brown.. the very White Caucasian former lead singer of Pickettywitch, pretending to be black in 1974.

sweet-dreams-honey-honey-1974-8.jpg

How did we ever get onto the topic of Homosexuality in this thread?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Much sooner talk about Polly Brown and Pickety witch''.......went to see them in Tamworth about 1970,, took Gwenith from Chelmsley Wood,,   ''i still get that same old feeling,tearing at this heart of mine''   Carnie !!!

Edit was'nt christine it was Gwenith........lol

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Well said Trogg! Nice to see Rog is back. You've been missed. Not been on much myself lately due to internet problems!

Nice to have my little Sparrow'' back.......thought you had run off with 'Loppy' where's he ?

Loppy is still lurking around the dog house.  Not doing much barking these days.  Been spending quite a bit of time barking with various organist's about the relative merits of different capture actions, ranks and stops.  Not to mention our good friend Herr Bach.

I find myself very tired in these days and I don't mean just physically.  The world gets a bit loonier every day IMHO anyway.  I did not post my thoughts in among some of the previous discussion.  They would not be welcome and would probably be considered hate speach.  To the best of my remembrance I have never hated anyone and am not interested in the sexual preferences of anyone I would consider a friend as long as they didn't try to force it on me.

Thats probably enough woofing for one day!  :)

BTW. Good to see you back Rog.

• Like 6
13 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Many people seem to see Gay people as a 'threat', or worse, assume that they are paedophiles, or otherwise intent upon forcing their own sexuality onto others.  Certainly not my experience from the assorted Gay and Lesbian colleagues and acquaintances I've had over the years..  How many of the high profile sexually motivated murders and assaults in recent years were committed by Gays?

I never think Homo's etc as a threat, more of an embarrassment really ! Men talking with strange falsetto voices & trying to act like a woman in public i find offensive. Only last week I saw 2 blokes walking along holding hands , big strapping masculine blokes, embarrassing to many onlookers.

Too allow 5 year old children to choose their own gender I find particularly distasteful , how on earth can a five year old know anything about gender  re-assignment ?

I firmly believe many parents allow this because they really wanted a child of the other sex, you get what you are given.

Sadly I have seen for myself first hand the effects of same sex parents relationships & the effects on children. However the "Snowflakes" today think all this is acceptable.

Would these same "Snowflakes" still embrace these new modern "Fads" if their straight son or daughter brought a transgender home for Sunday tea ? & embarked on a relationship ?

My last word is that the Bible say's many times that homosexuality is a sin, God hates homosexuality many times it is written. Is there a new Bible ?

I don't think so.

I may be a bit of an old "Fuddy Duddy" in some ways I'm glad I won't be around in many years to come the way society is changing these days, not for the better I hasten to add.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

''i still get that same old feeling,tearing at this heart of mine''   Carnie !!!

'Telling me that i'm not really over you'  lol.

Welcome Loppy, Jill, and Plantfit. We missed you all miducks.

• Like 6
24 minutes ago, catfan said:

I never think Homo's etc as a threat, more of an embarrassment really ! Men talking with strange falsetto voices & trying to act like a woman in public i find offensive. Only last week I saw 2 blokes walking along holding hands , big strapping masculine blokes, embarrassing to many onlookers.

Too allow 5 year old children to choose their own gender I find particularly distasteful , how on earth can a five year old know anything about gender  re-assignment ?

I firmly believe many parents allow this because they really wanted a child of the other sex, you get what you are given.

Sadly I have seen for myself first hand the effects of same sex parents relationships & the effects on children. However the "Snowflakes" today think all this is acceptable.

Would these same "Snowflakes" still embrace these new modern "Fads" if their straight son or daughter brought a transgender home for Sunday tea ? & embarked on a relationship ?

My last word is that the Bible say's many times that homosexuality is a sin, God hates homosexuality many times it is written. Is there a new Bible ?

I don't think so.

I may be a bit of an old "Fuddy Duddy" in some ways I'm glad I won't be around in many years to come the way society is changing these days, not for the better I hasten to add.

Mike, you're entitled to your views as expressed.  I agree that 5 is far too young for children to 'choose' a gender.

I don't believe in God so I also don't take anything from the bible as the literal truth. It was written and edited by men.   But you have the right to your faith.

• Like 1

A 'straight' son or daughter having a relationship with a homosexual would make them at least bi-sexual of not homosexual.  They certainly wouldn't be straight.

But you wrote 'Transgender', which is very different to homosexual.

Welcome back Jill, I have missed you, your style of writing and comments they always bring a smile to my face. I often go back and reread of your tales of manning to brighten up my day, when are you going to write some more, in fact write a book, I will certainly purchase one.

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, catfan said:

in some ways I'm glad I won't be around in many years to come

In many years to come with everyone becoming homo or lesbian (as I think they want everyone to be) they won't be able to procreate so there won't be any humans around anyway

Rog

• Like 1

Of course if everyone was really becoming a homosexual I too would be worried for our future.  Thing is everyone isn't.  It's just that those who are genuinely homosexual are no longer hidden, as they were for centuries previously.  There is also absolutely no, none, zero, zilch evidence that homosexuals 'want everyone to be gay'..

Govt. statistics say that 1.7% of the population identify as LGTB.  There is no evidence that these orientations are increasing, they are just more visible.

From my perspective, there are far more dangerous, socially damaging and urgent problems to solve rather that getting into a moral panic about the increased visibility of a minority which has always existed.

Col

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Never, I hope.

Or maybe we should be apologising to Germany for our appropriation of 'Burger' (though curiously not usually 'Hamburger')

Interestng how Keith Valentine Graham, better known as Levi Roots has appropriated his own culture to change his name to something more 'ethnic' and the name of his Reggae Reggae Sauce away from its jerk seasoning origins.

Sort that out  :)

It demonstrates how from little acorns, oak trees grow.

The Labour MP Dawn Butler who has obviously  nothing better to do but raise her own profile as a champion of equality and liberalism has seized on a meme to further her own agenda. She probably doesn't give a rat's a*** about it but it's all good publicity.

This will be picked up by the loose association we call the PC brigade and promoted for awhile until a new 'flavour of the month' comes along.

But it will leave an impression in peoples minds and it will gradually become a 'norm' that we can't use things that are not British in origin. The problem with that is there is no such thing. Being British is an amalgamation of more than a thousand years of history. We adopt and adapt from cultures all over the world.

I say if apologies and reparations are needed. India has fifteen official languages, one of them is English, can I have my share now please

• Like 1