Freedom of speech

I can count the number of times I've lifted the bonnet of my car on the toes of one hand. Let them as wants to, get on with it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have two good friends in our village who are lesbians - I don't particularly like using that term as they are just nice people who happen to love each other and are fully committed to being a family

'Telling me that i'm not really over you'  lol.   Welcome Loppy, Jill, and Plantfit. We missed you all miducks.

Loppy is still lurking around the dog house.  Not doing much barking these days.  Been spending quite a bit of time barking with various organist's about the relative merits of different capture actio

You must be ambidextrous in both feet like me Brew..

• Like 1

My Honda also has separate coils for each plug.  A seriously well designed system.  But overall I have spent far too much of my time fixing cars in less than ideal conditions with less than ideal tools.  It was initially out of interest,. Then out of necessity as we had no money.  Now I have better things to do with my remaining time.

Col

• Like 2

I know what you mean and I agree with you, Col.  I just find it hard to give up poking around under the hood or even underneath.  There is so much to pick up from YouTube on how to do stuff.  I replaced tie rods and ball joints a couple of years ago.  Just watched guys doing in on YT.  Rented a couple of tools I didn't have.  A ball joint separator and a press.  It worked great.  Probably saved a thousand on that job.  Now I can leave it to my kids.   :Shock:. Muscles ached for a week afterwards.

Don't laugh, but I used you tube to show me how to empty the muck out of a Shark vac. We are in a rented house and that was a vac I'd not used/seen  before. I could see the cylinder was chocker block full. Worked a treat, thank goodness for YT cos if there is a manual in this house for the vac I have no idea where. 

• Like 3

I do know that that cylinder had not been emptied for yonks, obviously whoever is paid to clean hadn't figured out the button to press. As me mam would say, enough fluff to stuff a cushion.