Although my favourite mode of transport is train Phil. I have absolutely no desire or interest in the things, so long as they get me to my destination & back is all that matters to me. I don't know a steam train from a diesel nor have any desire to.

Aircraft travel is not for me, don't like heights at all, only once flown from London to New York & back of course.

Coach travel is the cheapest, another bonus is that I don't have to drive the thing ! Headphones, music on my phone, wake me up when we get to Bulwell Mrs C, just suits me fine.

Another thing is the great company on the coach, usually me & Mrs C being the youngest on board apart from the driver. Apart from our last trip which include all ages of passengers from a babe in arms to teenagers. & old uns of course.

On our last trip there were four young kids sat behind us on the back seat & were absolutely delightful, well behaved all the time with impeccable manners, ages ranging from the four year old youngest to the twelve year old eldest. All down to good parenting of course, & it shows.

I do enjoy a bit of Bulwell banter with the drivers of course, I said to our last driver that it weren't a bad drive up from Weymouth, nearly as good as my driving !

On a serious note last year during my stay at the QMC when things looked a bit bleak I promised Mrs C to take us on a few trips this year because we never know what's around the corner !

• Like 3

I've done nowhere near 250, but can thoroughly recommend Travelsphere and Legers for European tours. Legers especially have magnificent coaches for their Silver Service tours, and their drivers / guides are most knowledgeable. Superb !

This year already, I've done Brittany, and have Luxembourg in a few weeks time.

Although I absolutely love driving, I can see far more, and relax with a drink if I want to.

• Like 1