Didn’t want to slot this into the Red Arrows thread and apologies for it to be nowt to do with Nottingham but a post by Margie about beach huts reminded me about this little yellow shed on Mudeford Spit, Christchurch.  

On the market at a cool £275,000.

No running water, no electricity, no loo.  Shared use of facilities in a shower/toilet block.

Council Tax is £500 pa and ground rent is £4500 pa

Nice sea view though and you can sleep in it from May to October.

9_F96_C464-_ECF9-4106-_A26_D-0_E8_FBE504

• Like 1

We walked by those beach chalets a few years ago and thought they were in a lovely location... but then I wondered what will happen to them when the sea levels rise.....  

• Like 1

Not exactly a kid, Lizzie, but we had holidays in  that area when our eldest was little, and he still likes to go to that area with his own  family.  The last time we were there, we went with them.

• Upvote 1

Just checked, the yellow hut was sold within 24 hours of marketing but not to worry, there are 2 more for sale, one at £285k and another at £300k.  :Shock:

• Like 1

Madness!  You could buy the same thing in the north of Scotland for about ten bob!

:rotfl:

• Like 2

a) People have too much money to spend.

b) Some people are born just too stupid.

c) Greed.

d) All the above.

Anyone forking that sort of money out for a beach hut should be certified.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, TBI said:

I wouldn't buy one either but it's missing the point a bit though. They're desirable, in limited supply and thus highly marketable. I bet the folk buying them ain't that daft.

I never think in that materialistic sort of way but I do see where you’re coming from.

Me neither phil. I'm quite happy with my lot.

I'd think the folk that buy these things are probably wanting the amenity rather than the investment potential. Still, it must be nice sitting there sunning, watching the sea with the kettle on, thinking ' it's almost like getting paid for this...'