Grey Mare pub Clifton

Has anyone got any old photos' of the old Grey Mare pub in Clifton. I've googled it be the only photos' I can find are the newer ones. I remember the old pub sign had one of Shipstones grey dray horses on the  sign, I think it was changed when Greenalls Brewery took over from Shippo's. Any photos' would be appreciated. I remember when it was opened there was two dray horses in the car park.

Regards Litcho.

1 hour ago, Litcho1 said:

two dray horses in the car park.

It was a Shipstones Grey mare with it's foal, I remember it being built

Rog

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I can remember going in the best room,must have been early seventies and the was a burn hole in the middle of the carpet, best room? I never dared go in the bar after that, can you remember the off licence about the middle of the place, to the left of the bay window, when were you knocking about around there Litcho? Perhaps Ian 123 or Clif ton can find a picture for you

Rog

• Like 1

I remember the picture of the two horses,I also remember the beer mats,compared to some other breweries beer mats Shipstones were pretty plain looking,Tadcaster, M&B and Bass were more colourful but I suppose they seemed that way because they weren't so common as the Nottingham brewery ones

Rog

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:28 AM, Litcho1 said:

Has anyone got any old photos' of the old Grey Mare pub in Clifton.

No old photo but this YT video brought back some memories. Well done Bob Brindley. There is a full list in the text, a few that I had never herd of or been in

• Like 1