Here we go again another glitch.....

I said i had installed my old hard Drive as a slave well since i did my DVD burner hasn't been reconised by my computer.

In the MY COMPUTER section where it says Devices with removable storage the burner isn't there. but were it says Hard Disc Drives my old Hard Drive is...

I have now put everthing back to how it was, so my question is how do i install my old hard drive as a slave and keep my DVD burner being reconised as a removeable storage device....help please.... !yada!

Did you take the wrong pill Love? ;)

compusmash Ok then i can take a hint, just keep taking the tabs BiP... !tanning!

Thanks Cali I can always rely on you for sympathy... kickme

Is it just me or is it Bl00dy hot outside?

You know how you are always going on about a spell checker, has Mick tried replacing the file with a new file or is he just saving the changes? If he just saves the changes then the html will create another file and will not make the changes to the original where the link is pointing.

I am probably talking out of my left ear but you never know...

A

I did it in a text editor...

I find it hard to believe that confessions of this nature have been allowed on this forum.

how the author wishes to conduct himself with members of the press, is of no consequence to others, and bears no relevence to the topic of discussion.

does the author also realise that miners may be reading this thread?

if this is the type of comment that the moderation team will allow, then I may have to reconsider my subscription. :angry:

We do not wish to offend that proprtion of our userbase, Please accept our unreserved appologies(is that how you spell it?)

miner.jpg

That's verywell red but if i do what you have suggested who and what am i going to talk to?......besides me dog and the person in the shaving mirror every morning................. :Friends: compusmash

• 5 weeks later...

I have bumped this topic because I'm still waiting for a sensibly answer to my problem...now where have I heard that before................. :Vampire:

Here we go again another glitch.....

I said i had installed my old hard Drive as a slave well since i did my DVD burner hasn't been reconised by my computer.

In the MY COMPUTER section where it says Devices with removable storage the burner isn't there.   but were it says Hard Disc Drives my old Hard Drive is...

I have now put everthing back to how it was, so my question is how do i install my old hard drive as a slave and keep my DVD burner being reconised as a removeable storage device....help please....  !yada!

it's all to do with jumpers..

simply undo the casing on the side of the pc, then taking said jumper, stuff it neatly inside, taking care not to damage small electronic components or foul items intended for cooling..

once satisfied with the jumpers location, replace the side casing and power on the pc..

although this might not solve the problem of which you originally intended, it does have the benefit of making the whole system run much smoother and quieter thus enabling you to take a nap, whereby when you awake you will feel much more relaxed and at ease with the world.

I have come to the conclusion, Ilko, you are mad!!!! I mean that in the nicest possible way. I am sat here taking all this information in and ready to print off the solution to BIPs problem, I then reach the end of the post and think; what's aa 'jumper'? I am never going to believe anything you say, and I didn't realise I was sooooooo gullible!!!

Please do not ever change the way you are, I can always rely on your posts to cheer me up when I need it.

A !faint! !rotfl!

Thanks Ilko for your suggestion, when you mention jumpers do you mean those little pins in the back of said hard drive or the myriad of styles of jumpers that I have in my built in wardrobe left over from the seventy's when said jumpers and tank tops where all the fashion.....one day they will be back in style mark my words................I've no wish to hurry you love but have you seen the time, it's quarter to ten and we suppose to be there at nine, I don't think the registrar will be very pleased when we show up an hour late like two frozen peas................... :Vampire: !clapping!