Seagull Outboards

is anyone into or know anything about Seagull engines I,ve bought one on a whimandit seems to have a lot of crank end float ,I dont know themodel yet, but looking on google

Think they are two stroke engines,about 40 - 60cc, horizontal as opposed to vertical engine similar to some lawn mowers,sounds like it needs shimming on the bottom, mainly aluminium components, thats about all mate,good luck with it though nice little project

Rog

• Like 1

I was on holiday in Dorset years ago and snorkeling. I saw a seagul outboard on the seabed not too far out with some weed growing on it. Obviously been there a little while. I managed with some difficulty to get it out and bought it home. I found it had a small crack in the crank case and got Ray Pettit to weld it. Without too much difficulty I got it to run well. It was a short shaft and water cooled 2 stroke pulling water up the shaft. It was an old model with a simple choke, just a blade closing the air intake. Sold it.

• Like 1

When I worked for Wheelhouse  he got a xj6 from the auctions we thought it had head gasket gone but it turned out it had burnt the cylinder head out between the combustion chambers I took it to ray pettit and he ally welded it we had the head faced and it went off no further problems I think he made motorcycle alloy tanks as well meeowed

• Like 1

I think Ray Pettit made a lot of bodies for Austin 7's and other vintage cars. Didn't he have one himself. An all alloy sports Austin 7.

I had the primary chaincase of a Triumph TR6 motor cycle welded by a guy in Bulwell. Right next to the 3 Horseshoes pub. Can't recall his name but he did a good job. Ray was a supurbe craftsman but could be difficult to deal with I heard. Personally I always got on fine with him.

• Like 1

Made sure this sod stayed outside don't know about outboard, he were after me chips,we had to sit in the car to eat them

IMG_0316.jpg

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just after I took this picture I had to use the wash wipe because the little so and so did a poop up the window

Rog

• Like 1