23 hours ago, MargieH said:

I think he probably left when my friend left in 1961...

Rob.L and MargieH

I found the old CLeWS site here http://www.carltonlewillowsgs.org.uk/Publishing Area/Home Frame.html and it is still live - I have it online in another window just now.  The full pupil/class lists still exist.

Might be worth trying a download of the whole site, as it didn't come up on a Google search the past few days -  found the link by searching my download history.  It's also available via the Wayback machine if you put the above address in

I've added this post on the Plains Road Primary thread too.

C22, Pleased you've found the old CLeWS site.  I have seen it before but it'still holds some interest.  Are you going to become a member of  the new one?

Also confirmed that Richard Pearson, mentioned earlier in the thread, was indeed in the year above me as I thought.

My memory isn’t as bad as I thought it was!

This older site is a well researched and presented document, and deserves to stand as both a valuable information source, as well as a tribute to Roger Pikett and the others who have contributed to its development.

Rob.L having taken a longer second look, I have to agree my memory too is better than I thought, and I'm older than you.

MargieH, the answer is I might do, but will monitor this and other threads for while.  I'm in Nottingham on 18th December to do some advice and organisational work for the UNISON region university branches.  Still doing a little real work now and again!

• Upvote 1

I'm still trying to trace Suzette Fletcher - 1957 - ex Mapperley Plains (lived on Haywood Rd).  May have married and moved Birmingham way.

Anthony E Piggin (Bramcote) was my cousin and sadly, died many years ago, (1974/5?) electrocuted on a faulty gas boiler in a new home - not in Nottingham I might add.  

I did know a Susie Fletcher who came from around that way in 1962/63. She was a comptometer operator at the accountants Hubbart Durose and Pain on Park Row. A bit of a ‘lively’ sort of girl. She married Robert Bastow who lived in the same area. He went to work at Gascoines estate agents as a trainee but sadly he died at a very young age. They did live somewhere off Westdale Lane. She will no doubt have remarried. She was a pretty game girl!