Life's mysteries.

It is a well-known fact that all washing machines are connected by invisible worm-holes through space. So I would be grateful if everyone out there could check theirs and let me have my sock back next time we meet. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Washing machines are by design pure evil. Their prime purpose  is removing bra wires, shirt buttons, keys, coins and anything else they can find. Every machine is cunningly constructed with a myriad o

No jonab, being Australian their kilts fall over their heads so they have no idea where they're going.

One of my cats hides the mail! Finding several items placed neatly under my bed, I couldn't work out what was going on until, one Saturday morning when I was at home, I heard the postman. Came out of

Washing machines are by design pure evil. Their prime purpose  is removing bra wires, shirt buttons, keys, coins and anything else they can find. Every machine is cunningly constructed with a myriad of inaccessible places that serve no other purpose than to hide these things in order to make the most noise.

They are also quite spiteful. Should you try to relieve them of their ill gotten gains they immediately dump water all over the floor before giving anything up.

The average machine is also expert at letting you see something, just before it dumps it deeper into the works.

I must confess I’ve never seen it but there must also be a setting with the sole purpose of opening wallets and turning the contents into mush.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

They always keep some water in, even after they have finished a cycle.  If you tip one at an angle to move it or disconnect a hose to do a repair it pee's it all over your feet.

• Upvote 1

I'm told it's instinct, checking for anything that shouldn't be there or they are trampling the area smooth enough to sleep on.

• Like 1

Jill, i hope you are referring to the sleeping and not the pooing!   lol     (See Loppy's posts)

• Like 3

Regarding dogs turning round. There is obviously an invisible X that only the dog can see and he has to line up his butt just so. Dogs also turn several times before lying down. Not sure what that's about.

I thought I'd posted the above reply 2 hours ago. Just found it sitting there waiting for me to actually hit the Post button. Duh. Anyhoo, I have a mystery too. Why do cats only throw up on rugs and carpets? I have a lot of tiled floor here but they move off that and onto a rug to barf. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Compo said:

It is a well-known fact that all washing machines are connected by invisible worm-holes through space. So I would be grateful if everyone out there could check theirs and let me have my sock back next time we meet. Thank you.

I have an "odd sock" drawer :P

• Like 2

Back in the day the landlord of the Three Tuns at Eastwood started an 'odd sock'  exchange as a publicity stunt. There was a write up and picture in the local paper showing a huge pile of socks on the 'sorting' table, (actually it was a paste table) and his staff of 'highly qualified sock sorters' apparently doing just that.

It backfired on him though. Within about a week people had sent him literally hundreds of odd socks asking him to match and return their socks. 

• Like 3

All my socks are plain black. This overcomes a large part of the problem of pairing them up. Even if they aren't actually a pair the casual observer is unlikely to notice that.

• Like 1

Before I was married and still lived at home I had 2 chihuahuas and mum and dad had 2 poodles. The toy poodle was always lifting socks from my dad and my brother. Suki was always having false pregnancies

and would take the socks and " nurse"them. The shout was always " who's seen my socks" and the answer was always " look in Suki's bed"

• Like 1

We took our lounge carpet up  a long while ago, the only carpet we had. It gets very humid in the summer and as it is the only thing that absorbs in makes sense. It's a lot more hygienic and cleaner. But when accidents happen it still has to be cleaned up and disinfected.

One of my cats hides the mail! Finding several items placed neatly under my bed, I couldn't work out what was going on until, one Saturday morning when I was at home, I heard the postman. Came out of the bathroom and went downstairs to pick up the mail, only to pass Tarquin on his way upstairs with the delivery in his mouth!  Presumably, he'd have placed it under the bed if I hadn't intercepted him!

• Like 4

Katy,Loppy, do American dogs turn in the opposite circle to British dog's?ie: American dogs turn anti clockwise and British dogs clockwise same as corousels/roundabouts? (bringing two threads together there)

Rog

• Like 1