Life's mysteries.

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

Katy,Loppy, do American dogs turn in the opposite circle to British dog's?ie: American dogs turn anti clockwise and British dogs clockwise same as corousels/roundabouts? (bringing two threads together there)

Rog

One of our cats, when deciding to settle on my lap, always starts by turning round anti clockwise a few times, then reverses and does another turn clockwise before settling down.  Perhaps he's got American ancestors...

I don't think either of our cats cares about where to be sick or cough up a fur ball.   We care, though, so as soon as we hear that 'whooping' sound we rush to open the door and shoo them outside... (that's quicker than trying to push them through the cat flap)

• Like 3
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Washing machines are by design pure evil. Their prime purpose  is removing bra wires, shirt buttons, keys, coins and anything else they can find. Every machine is cunningly constructed with a myriad o

No jonab, being Australian their kilts fall over their heads so they have no idea where they're going.

One of my cats hides the mail! Finding several items placed neatly under my bed, I couldn't work out what was going on until, one Saturday morning when I was at home, I heard the postman. Came out of

Rog, not sure about dogs turning anti clockwise, but the water goes down the plug hole anti clockwise. And horses run anti clockwise on the race track. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, plantfit said:

Katy,Loppy, do American dogs turn in the opposite circle to British dog's?ie: American dogs turn anti clockwise and British dogs clockwise same as corousels/roundabouts? (bringing two threads together there)

Rog

Now you come to mention it, Rog.  Bailey goes clockwise.  Jake rarely turns he just getsonweit!  :biggrin:  After all we are all in the Northern hemisphere.  We should ask our Southern friends in Ozz if their dogs go anticlockwise.  I've heard water goes down the plughole in the opposite direction down under.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There was a whole Simpson's episode devoted to the direction of water down the plughole.

If this directional thing is true, what happens at the equator? Does the water go straight down or just stay where it is?

• Like 2

We lived in South Africa for a while and yes the water doe's  go anti clockwise, when you get to middle earth I would  imagen that it just changes direction.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, mary1947 said:

We lived in South Africa for a while and yes the water doe's  go anti clockwise,

I lived on the Equator for a while and the water went straight down the plughole - that is, whenever we had water - which wasn't all that often :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I wonder what the scientific explanation would be for that, Compo?  I'd never really thought about it much before today. My reference to dogs circling was a bit tongue in cheek.   If we live on a rotating sphere (I'm not a flat earther by the way) we are all rotating in the sme direction whether in the South or Northern hemispheres or at the equator.  Then we could ask why does the water rotate anyway?  Hmmm! something to mull over as I doze off tonight. :)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mercurydancer said:

There are only two kinds of socks. Clean ones and dirty ones. 

A bloke i know,who is very smart,,deliberately wears odd socks,,started wheb his wife left him years ago,,he couldn't be arsed to match em up any more,, and grew to enjoy his little quirk,,lol,

• Like 1

Many claim the Coriolis effect makes water go in different directions north or south of the equator. There are numerous YT videos disproving it, it's a myth. Water goes the same way, clockwise..

• Like 1

Mine are ‘odd’ in the fact that they are all very bright in colour but that’s what my wife brings in and I’m not into style or fashion. I did feel slightly embarrassed at a recent funeral to look down and see that my socks were bright yellow! :(

• Like 2

I bought some of thos 'tube socks' a few weeks ago by mistake.  I don't really like 'em.  No heels in 'em but I guess I'll keep 'em until I wear a hole in 'em.  or tie 'em up and give 'em to the dogs to chew.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, benjamin1945 said:

A bloke i know,who is very smart,,deliberately wears odd socks,,started wheb his wife left him years ago,,he couldn't be arsed to match em up any more,, and grew to enjoy his little quirk,,lol,

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, mercurydancer said:

There are only two kinds of socks. Clean ones and dirty ones. 

Make that 3 kinds of socks when my son 13//14 wore his trainers and removed them the smell was !!!!!!!!! it would go all  around the house, you did not dare go into his bed room, when I did, I would open the window and throw his trainers on to the patio, but even the neighbour's  complained about the smell.

Who are "THEY"?, it's a question I have thought of asking many times but I don't know who to ask,

"They" say it's going to rain,

"They" reckon it'll be alright

"They" said it wouldn't work

"They"said it would be all over by Christmas

WHO ARE THEY?

Rog

• Like 1

Are "They" from another planet,universe,solar system, is there anyone I can ask and get an honest answer? whoever "They" are they seem to know the answers to everything

Rog

I'm not sure who they are but they say they are all around and although they know everything they are only telling us what they want us to know.

• Like 1

A final word on socks: I bought a pair of matching socks from Marks & Sparks last year. When I put them on.......one was almost three inches longer than the other - odd, don't you think?

• Like 1