Life's mysteries.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Washing machines are by design pure evil. Their prime purpose  is removing bra wires, shirt buttons, keys, coins and anything else they can find. Every machine is cunningly constructed with a myriad o

No jonab, being Australian their kilts fall over their heads so they have no idea where they're going.

One of my cats hides the mail! Finding several items placed neatly under my bed, I couldn't work out what was going on until, one Saturday morning when I was at home, I heard the postman. Came out of

18 minutes ago, Brew said:

Are you sure your legs are the same length?

;)

My feet both touch the floor at the same level, So I reckon they must be the same length.......

• Like 1

^^^You mean stalking haggis?^^^

Which begs another question: Do Australian haggis (haggises?)  go round the mountainside in the opposite direction to Scottish ones?

• Like 3

No jonab, being Australian their kilts fall over their heads so they have no idea where they're going.

• Like 5

Did you hear about the Australian who asked his Scottish friend what his idea of a perfect Scottish breakfast.

The Scot replied, a bottle of whisky, a haggis and a Collie dog.

What is the Collie dog for asked the Australian.

To eat the haggis said the Scot.

By the way the plural of haggis is haggii

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

By the way the plural of haggis is haggii

Mmm nah, sorry Oz the plural is Haggis or Haggises. The word can be countable or non-countable

• Like 1

Whilst on about the haggis (haggises, haggii) (my spillchucker says the correct plural is haggises - but it does have a French dictionary installed so there's no guarantee there).

Any road up, I was wondering what is the collective noun for multiple haggises (again, why would you want more than one but, I supposed there could be several of them on display in a shop)?

Keeping their Scottish heritage in mind, I thought about a 'skirl of haggis' or a 'drone of haggis'.

• Like 1

I had never tasted haggis until a customer who was a Dr invited us to his home for dinner one evening. Don't know if you were ever in the restaurant at the same time as him but he was a character and a half. The first time he came in to book we thought he was a tramp. When he came in to dine he recognised a lot of people and bought them all a bottle of champagne. Ohoh we thought hes never going to pay the bill. How wrong can you be. He turned out to be a lovely person and an anesthetist at the Queens. He always appeared drunk but wasnt until one evening he brought a lady friend with him. He got up to go to the toilet then she went after he got back. He started talking to some other customers , meanwhile she sat down and continued eating. Dr left his table once again to go who knows where. Paid the bill. The lady waited and waited , we were busy and couldnt keep track of him. Eventually we thought strange hes left without saying goodbye, the lady was also missing. Time passed and in he walked this time on his own.

" Brenda did I come in with a lady":Shock: We became very good friends with him and this particular evening he invited us and some colleagues to have some haggis and neeps. Well it turned out to be very different. We did have the haggis with I think was Whisky ( correct me if Im wrong) then we had a lovely meal that his lady friend had prepared which by this time she had obviously forgiven him. We have some lovely memories of customers and events that happened at all our restaurants.

• Like 2

Would you need an anaesthetic to eat a Haggis, love Scotland and it's people but they can have some strange ideas,I suppose we do to them

Rog

• Like 1

They do say every haggis tastes a little different to the others. It's the individual butcher's spices that make the difference. I've tried haggis and it was quite tasty.

Reverting to dogs and their rotating habits when lying down, I've been watching my two over the past few days and it seems that they don't appear to have a set pattern in which direction they rotate - sometimes clockwise, sometimes anticlockwise. It is noticeable, though, that when going into their bed (they share one large dog bed) they both rotate in the same direction.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1