Did you do a stupid thing

The other day, now you will think I'm dulally but at the time I was very worried. As most of you know we have 3 dogs plus my daughters dog that I look after when she's working. I had let them outside for a run and only 3 came back in. ok one has sneaked in and is curled up somewhere. so off I go looking for the missing one, couldn't find her anywhere. Lulu is very tiny so looking for her is difficult if she goes into hiding or under a blanket. I called and called her with no success until I realised I had her in my arms. I felt so foolish.  " Tomorrow they're coming to take me away haha"

• Like 7

We've just had a power cut in the village so I went to the cupboard to get some candles... and I tried to switch the light on so I could see better where they were...  I think I need to come with you, nonna!

• Like 4

I'll bet anyone who has ever taken the drain trap out from under the sink has at least once emptied it back into the sink....        :wacko:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I can relate to nonnaB's experience having spent ages going room to room looking for one of my dogs only to find it was behind me and following every movement. 

I'm always amazed at how perceptive dogs are. I'm certain that both dogs were fully aware of my sensibility lapse - and had a good laugh about it later.

• Like 2

Some months ago, I was looking for a pack of those blocks of bleach freshener things you put in the loo. I knew I had a pack of 6 and I'd only used a couple. Could I find them?  I was pretty sure I'd put them on a shelf on a dresser in the kitchen.

Eventually I bought some more, opened them, put one in the loo and put the pack on the dresser shelf in the kitchen, except....what was staring me in the face?  The pack I'd been looking for previously! It must have been there all the time but I just didn't see it!

• Like 2

I've noticed, Margie, that when I'm looking for things, I often find them in places where I've already looked several times without spotting them. My mum used to say that you tend to find what you want when you're not looking for it and I find it's true! Mind you, there's so much stuff in this house it's not surprising!

• Like 2

Yesterday  I was looking for a standard lamp that we moved out of the way. Its not an ordinary lamp the base is wavy with hooks to hold 3 fairly large lanterns for candles. I looked everywhere but couldn't find the base. I already had the lanterns cleaned. It was in the middle of 2 armchairs that were pushed together. I just couldn't see the base. With everything being upset we just can't find anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Those cats did it, Jill.  They're messing with you.  :biggrin:

I questioned them individually, Loppy, after reading them their rights. They denied all knowledge! They reckon they don't know anything about a pair of curtains I'm currently searching for either!

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I've noticed, Margie, that when I'm looking for things, I often find them in places where I've already looked several times without spotting them. My mum used to say that you tend to find what you want when you're not looking for it and I find it's true! Mind you, there's so much stuff in this house it's not surprising!

Jill, I have that problem all the time but it's my eye problem (AMD) that is the cause of that, as there are patches that I can't see when I look at things.

My mum had AMD but wasn't diagnosed till she was in her eighties and was then registered blind.    However, looking back I think she had problems for several years before that....  

I went to St. Raphael on the TGV with the family not long ago and had 3 “senior moments”. Got off in St. Raphael and realised I’d left a quite expensive Tilley hat on the train. I must say that everybody encouraged me to get back on for it, and, of course, the doors shut and I had a unscheduled ride to Cannes. I had about 30 euros in my pocket. When I got to Cannes I thought I’d better get back to St. Raph as soon as possible in case the family followed me. I managed to ask a taxi driver how much it would be to get to St. Raph, and thought he said “20 euros”. I thought it was a bit cheap, but thought we must be cutting across a peninsular and it wouldn’t be far...and then we couldn’t find the camp site. I said I’d get out and find it by just wandering around and asked him how much I owed him. 120 euros!!!!

I managed to tell him that we’d better find the campsite as I only had 30 euros on me. Some time later we arrived, rang the family from the office (I didn’t even have my mobile on me as my rucksac got off in St. Raphael) and they brought down the extra cash.

The taxi driver looked at me with pity, mustered his very limited English, and said, “You ‘av a very expensive ‘at, m’sieur.”

To be continued ...

• Like 5

AfferGorritt !............ You certainly did !